2022 OT Bray Lynch Commits to Indiana

btownqb

For anyone curious about the level of competition he faced, Austin Westlake defeated Southlake Carroll and #1 recruit in the nation QB Quinn Ewers (OSU commit) to win the 2020-21 Texas 6A state championship.  They are riding a 24 game winning streak against Texas 6A competition.  Among the 8 teams in their league (district) there are 5 Top 100 recruits including a pair of 5-stars.

Bray Lynch is the 4th highest ranked recruit on his team, the 3 teammates ranked ahead of him are:

#51 TE Jaden Greathouse (2023)

#65 QB Cade Klubnik (Clemson)

#545 OT Connor Robertson (Texas)

Westlake's record and ranking:

2021-22:  Preseason ranked 4th in the nation

2020-21:  14-0, won the 6A state championship, ranked 1st in Texas, ranked 3rd in the nation 

2019-20:  15-1, ranked 5th in Texas, ranked 17th in the nation

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/westlake-chaparrals-(austin,tx)/football/videos.htm?videoid=c26a0b41-eb25-4a2d-bec7-7cd58fac4f6c

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, olsontex said:

For anyone curious about the level of competition he faced, Austin Westlake defeated Southlake Carroll and #1 recruit in the nation QB Quinn Ewers (OSU commit) to win the 2020-21 Texas 6A state championship.  They are riding a 24 game winning streak against Texas 6A competition.  Among the 8 teams in their league (district) there are 5 Top 100 recruits including a pair of 5-stars.

Bray Lynch is the 4th highest ranked recruit on his team, the 3 teammates ranked ahead of him are:

#51 TE Jaden Greathouse (2023)

#65 QB Cade Klubnik (Clemson)

#545 OT Connor Robertson (Texas)

Westlake's record and ranking:

2021-22:  Preseason ranked 4th in the nation

2020-21:  14-0, won the 6A state championship, ranked 1st in Texas, ranked 3rd in the nation 

2019-20:  15-1, ranked 5th in Texas, ranked 17th in the nation

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/westlake-chaparrals-(austin,tx)/football/videos.htm?videoid=c26a0b41-eb25-4a2d-bec7-7cd58fac4f6c

Any info as to why the instate schools haven’t offered except TCU? Even if he’s not A&M or UT caliber, I would have expected the likes of Baylor, Tech, Houston, and SMU to be after him. Especially given the high profile HS program he plays for. 

6 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

Any info as to why the instate schools haven’t offered except TCU? Even if he’s not A&M or UT caliber, I would have expected the likes of Baylor, Tech, Houston, and SMU to be after him. Especially given the high profile HS program he plays for. 

Who knows. Could’ve been as simple as he wasn’t interested in any of those schools.

8 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

I would think all offers would get listed regardless of level of interest on the player's side.   

I would think it unlikely for a player to be like "don't offer me, i don't want you on the list"

If a kid has zero interest in a school. Then in many cases schools won’t waste their time. Not always the case but schools don’t like to completely waste time.