Stories That Make You Shake Your Head At The World

38 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Educating the youth in Kentucky

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/kentucky-high-school-staff-members-got-lap-dances-from-students-photos-appear-to-show/ar-AAQ1fIx?ocid=undefined

The superintendent of an Eastern Kentucky school district said "appropriate disciplinary action has been taken" after photos surfaced showing students giving lap dances to staff as part of Hazard High School's homecoming week festivities.

I'm not sure I'd let my kids attend public schools at this point...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I'm not sure I'd let my kids attend public schools at this point...

Me either, my best friend from high school decided to be a history teacher and football coach. 

His first job was in Houston County Tennessee.

He had some high school girls show up at his house offering "favors"  

He told them to get the F out. Called me a told about that. And alot of other things over the years I won't go into. 

Public schools are a cesspool of, well think about it. 

10 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Me either, my best friend from high school decided to be a history teacher and football coach. 

His first job was in Houston County Tennessee.

He had some high school girls show up at his house offering "favors"  

He told them to get the F out. Called me a told about that. And alot of other things over the years I won't go into. 

Public schools are a cesspool of, well think about it. 

Unfortunately, over the years, teaching has been made into such an unglamorous job. Poor conditions, terrible administrators, stupid standards, horrible testing, no support for teachers, poor pay for what they have to do and the responsibility they have. Consequently, there are a ton of terrible teachers and administrators out there, and it gets harder all the time for the truly great ones who want to be there. 

Most of the best and smartest people go into something else that can make more money. As you know, I left after 8 years to go back and get my masters degree. Got tired of dealing with all the crap and making just over 40k a year.

There are so many issues in education right now. Part of me hopes the teacher shortage gets so bad that it forces an overhaul of the educational system. There needs to be a lot done to get better people going into education again. There are a whole lot of idiots out there teaching right now.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Educating the youth in Kentucky

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/kentucky-high-school-staff-members-got-lap-dances-from-students-photos-appear-to-show/ar-AAQ1fIx?ocid=undefined

The superintendent of an Eastern Kentucky school district said "appropriate disciplinary action has been taken" after photos surfaced showing students giving lap dances to staff as part of Hazard High School's homecoming week festivities.

Then Broward County decides to one up Kentucky.....

https://news.yahoo.com/elementary-school-students-taken-gay-163000156.html

I don't think it's even the point of being a gay bar (although that can also be argued)....but why are kids being taken on a field trip to ANY BAR??

gay bar.jpg

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

1783825503_whatintarnation.gif.b8a7636793c104012c0be764f776ef0f.gif

Our public school system is broken.

I'm from a large family of teachers...and I know many many on here....so many good ones....but there are HUGE problems for sure in the system....a lot starting with the out of control school board activist members. I'll leave it at that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Then Broward County decides to one up Kentucky.....

I don't think it's even the point of being a gay bar (although that can also be argued)....but why are kids being taken on a field trip to ANY BAR??

gay bar.jpg

If you are not familiar with The Babylon Bee it is satire, like The Onion.

https://babylonbee.com/news/california-public-schools-mandate-field-trips-to-gay-bars-for-second-graders  this was written June 28th 2019. 

When satire becomes reality it's no longer funny. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

If you are not familiar with The Babylon Bee it is satire, like The Onion.

https://babylonbee.com/news/california-public-schools-mandate-field-trips-to-gay-bars-for-second-graders  this was written June 28th 2019. 

When satire becomes reality it's no longer funny. 

Happened in Florida too.

• Confused 1

How is this bus driver not immediately fired?  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/oak-ridge-six-year-old-asked-to-walk-home-alone-after-bus-driver-missed-stop/ar-AAQ4DR3?ocid=msedgntp

“She told the bus driver she had missed her stop. The bus driver then asked what grade she was in,” said Chapman. “My daughter responded she was in the first grade and the driver said, ‘Can you walk home from here?’”

According to Chapman, Seeley isn’t the kind of kid to say no to an adult, so she answered yes and got off the bus approximately a half mile away from her home.

As the first-grader walked home afraid and crying, a woman walking her dog noticed her and offered to help her walk home. Chapman called this woman a ‘guardian angel’ for her act of kindness.

In response, Oak Ridge Schools released a statement that said they would implement steps to ensure the mistake would not happen again.

“A monitor will be riding the bus to provide the driver additional training and support. We have emphasized with all drivers that students are not to be required to walk an additional distance due to a driver missing a stop. The driver is expected to circle back and drop the student off at the assigned bus stop. The driver involved in this incident will be required to document all students leaving the bus. This requirement will assure that this mistake isn’t repeated,” Oak Ridge Schools’ statement said.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

How is this bus driver not immediately fired?  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/oak-ridge-six-year-old-asked-to-walk-home-alone-after-bus-driver-missed-stop/ar-AAQ4DR3?ocid=msedgntp

“She told the bus driver she had missed her stop. The bus driver then asked what grade she was in,” said Chapman. “My daughter responded she was in the first grade and the driver said, ‘Can you walk home from here?’”

According to Chapman, Seeley isn’t the kind of kid to say no to an adult, so she answered yes and got off the bus approximately a half mile away from her home.

As the first-grader walked home afraid and crying, a woman walking her dog noticed her and offered to help her walk home. Chapman called this woman a ‘guardian angel’ for her act of kindness.

In response, Oak Ridge Schools released a statement that said they would implement steps to ensure the mistake would not happen again.

“A monitor will be riding the bus to provide the driver additional training and support. We have emphasized with all drivers that students are not to be required to walk an additional distance due to a driver missing a stop. The driver is expected to circle back and drop the student off at the assigned bus stop. The driver involved in this incident will be required to document all students leaving the bus. This requirement will assure that this mistake isn’t repeated,” Oak Ridge Schools’ statement said.

Oh please, my entire neighborhood required most of us to walk a minimum of 1/4 mile home from our bus stop. Yeah I get that the bus driver needed to be aware, but this is a nonissue as far as I’m concerned. Maybe, it’s a learning opportunity?

Edited by Drroogh

33 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Oh please, my entire neighborhood required most of us to walk a minimum of 1/4 mile home from our bus stop. Yeah I get that the bus driver needed to be aware, but this is a nonissue as far as I’m concerned. Maybe, it’s a learning opportunity?

While i understand what you are saying, i used to walk to school further then this, it is a different world we live in nowadays and i am not sure i would want my 5 or 6 year old daughter walking 1/2 mile home alone anymore. Especially after reading the article and it states that 10 people on the sex offender list live within a mile radius from home. I guess it all depends on the neighbor you live in. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

I don't disagree with your point here, But a first grader, in a "strange" situation that hadn't been a practice and planned before hand, nah I can't get be hind this one in this instance. I think the driver would have been "thrown under the bus!", so to say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

The world is entirely different now.  Did you read the story?  I didn't originally copy this part.   

After researching the area, WVLT News found that 10 people on the sex offender registry live within a mile radius from her home.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The world is entirely different now.  Did you read the story?  I didn't originally copy this part.   

After researching the area, WVLT News found that 10 people on the sex offender registry live within a mile radius from her home.

I apologize that I did not read the article, now that I have? You are right the world is a different place now and that is WAY more than sad! Unfortunately, I only see it getting worse!

• Like 2

A former stripper and a monkey are in the middle of bizarre college football rumor

On Monday, a tweet from Thomas Campbell claimed a “credible source” said that a monkey belonging to Texas Longhorns special teams coach Jeff Banks attacked and injured a young trick-or-treater on Halloween.

According to USA Today, Campbell is a Texas sports photographer and once was a stringer for USA Today.

The tweet had curious fans digging for more information, and now it’s rumored that Banks is in a relationship with the monkey’s owner, Danielle Thomas — a former stripper whose stage name was Pole Assassin. The monkey, Gia, was apparently part of her pole act.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

A former stripper and a monkey are in the middle of bizarre college football rumor

On Monday, a tweet from Thomas Campbell claimed a “credible source” said that a monkey belonging to Texas Longhorns special teams coach Jeff Banks attacked and injured a young trick-or-treater on Halloween.

According to USA Today, Campbell is a Texas sports photographer and once was a stringer for USA Today.

The tweet had curious fans digging for more information, and now it’s rumored that Banks is in a relationship with the monkey’s owner, Danielle Thomas — a former stripper whose stage name was Pole Assassin. The monkey, Gia, was apparently part of her pole act.

WOW!! I mean some things you just can't make up. I have a story about a high school biology field trip to the Indy zoo about a monkey, body fluid, and a girl from our class....I can't even imagine how this stripper kept this monkey in check while naked on stage....omg. lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

WOW!! I mean some things you just can't make up. I have a story about a high school biology field trip to the Indy zoo about a monkey, body fluid, and a girl from our class....I can't even imagine how this stripper kept this monkey in check while naked on stage....omg. lol

I just liked her stage name. Pole assassin. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3