Stories That Make You Shake Your Head At The World

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Got an employee in Philly for Thanksgiving.  He's never been there and was shocked at the trash and filth.  Said he almost got in an altercation with a crackhead at Dunkin Donuts yesterday morning. He literally can't wait to get back home and he likes big cities...not Philly though!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Went on a run last night to help an elderly lady up off her floor and back into bed after her house was lit up by a drive by.  We counted at least 8 rounds.  3 through the window right by her bed.  She said the neighbor boy has been having some trouble.  To his credit, the kid, looking about 13 or 14 did come over to see if she was ok and if her daughter was on the way over.  He looked scared to death.  He quickly disappeared behind his house.  

• Sad 6

57 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

There is enough real hate crimes goi g on without someone  faking one. Very sickening

Agreed. I have had heard about a number of these fake hate crimes. This is not the first time and certainly won't be the last.

Holy cow! I did a quick search and came up with this-

https://www.fakehatecrimes.org/

There are hundreds of them.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Reacher said:

Agreed. I have had heard about a number of these fake hate crimes. This is not the first time and certainly won't be the last.

Holy cow! I did a quick search and came up with this-

https://www.fakehatecrimes.org/

There are hundreds of them.

There are a lot of people making lots of money pitting Americans against each other. You would likely never hear about all those because they don't fit the agenda of the modern media and those in charge who profitize off the anger, hatred, and fear of separating all of us from one another. It's sickening...it's on both sides...although certainly there are those that are much much more aggressive in promoting it or trying to ignore the real problems/concerns that DO need to be addressed.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

An update. Good for the WTA. Finally someone stands up to the Chinese. 

If enough corporations and companies would pull out of China they would put such intense economic pressure on the country to have an effect. Yes, it would hurt their bottom line in the short run but if they were to truly believe in the social agendas they say they do....they would put their money/pressure where their mouth is...instead of virtue signaling here in the states....they would pull their tournaments and marketing in China and the Middle East and countries that have REAL human rights issues.

• Like 1

So on a personal note...

I've been in aviation for 40+ years, and for all of those 40+ years there have been NOTAMS (Notice to Airmen). Basically a NOTAM is a notice containing information (not known sufficiently in advance to publicize by other means) concerning the establishment, condition, or change in any component (facility, service, procedure of, or hazard in the National Airspace System) the timely knowledge of which is essential to personnel concerned with flight operations. A NOTAM is a notification from an official body alerting airspace users to hazards along their route, both in the air and on the ground. This could be a closed taxiway, a notification about construction cranes or maintenance on a navigation aid. @Joe_Hoopsier as a pilot I'm sure is familiar with them. If you're a pilot flying into a certain airport, checking NOTAMs is a smart thing to do.

Today, the edict came out that they will now be called "Notice to Air Missions" because that's "gender neutral."

I'm not sure who was offended by Notice to Airmen, but I guess it's the world we live in...

A friend told me, "Yeah, I guess it was important, but note they were too cheap to change the acronym."

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So on a personal note...

I've been in aviation for 40+ years, and for all of those 40+ years there have been NOTAMS (Notice to Airmen). Basically a NOTAM is a notice containing information (not known sufficiently in advance to publicize by other means) concerning the establishment, condition, or change in any component (facility, service, procedure of, or hazard in the National Airspace System) the timely knowledge of which is essential to personnel concerned with flight operations. A NOTAM is a notification from an official body alerting airspace users to hazards along their route, both in the air and on the ground. This could be a closed taxiway, a notification about construction cranes or maintenance on a navigation aid. @Joe_Hoopsier as a pilot I'm sure is familiar with them. If you're a pilot flying into a certain airport, checking NOATMs is a smart thing to do.

Today, the edict came out that they will now be called "Notice to Air Missions" because that's "gender neutral."

I'm not sure who was offended by Notice to Airmen, but I guess it's the world we live in...

A friend told me, "Yeah, I guess it was important, but note they were too cheap to change the acronym."

And we actually pay people to do this crap. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I wish I could express my concerns with the public education system in the USA right now. But board rules. 

All I can say is do some reading about a certain period in Germany around 1936 and what a certain group thought about education. 

11 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I wish I could express my concerns with the public education system in the USA right now. But board rules. 

All I can say is do some reading about a certain period in Germany around 1936 and what a certain group thought about education. 

It's not just education it's the whole country is afraid to offend everyone. The PC wussificatipn of America has been going on for many years. We live in a country that is hard to recognize.  It has nothing to do with any particular party. In fact public education in Indiana  was ruined by the man now running Purdue, it's not political it's just that so many are offended, are victims and entitled and they sit on both sides of the aisle.

Edited by Billingsley99
  • Like 1