Stories That Make You Shake Your Head At The World

2 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

8 dead after a shooting at a Tops grocery store in Buffalo.  Suspect in custody.  And the beat goes on.   😢

18 yr old white male, heavily armed, enters a grocery store and shoots 13 people.  11 are African Americans.  10 deaths.  Police are reviewing a "manifesto".  

3 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Lots of deranged folks out there, it seems.  Very sad situation.

There are indeed. And as psychiatry is such an inexact science, we can only go by an individual's actions and warning signs to protect society at large. 

Trying to guess when a troubled person is going to act on feelings is playing with a ticking time bomb.

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Implicitly ascribing the actions of a clearly deranged person to any group doesn't make sense, nor does it solve anything...

I don't think it's a controversial statement to say that the particular views he espouses, largely conspiracy theories, are promoted by certain people and groups.

13 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I don't think it's a controversial statement to say that the particular views he espouses, largely conspiracy theories, are promoted by certain people and groups.

And I think that's a very small percentage of people...

The guy had mental issues. He'd threatened to shoot up his school previous to the heinous crime he committed and will hopefully pay for. 

We need to take threats seriously and get the mentality ill help...

Any person that willingly gives up his/her own freedom obviously has mental issues.  Mass shooters always get caught or killed.

That said, this was first and foremost a hate crime.  Mass shooters usually have a purpose when choosing their target.  And, in those cases where it is somewhat random, the shooter doesnt travel hundreds of miles to commit the act.

So, while most people that have a belief dont condone this type of violence, their acceptance of the belief still fuels the actions of those that do commit these type of acts.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Any person that willingly gives up his/her own freedom obviously has mental issues.  Mass shooters always get caught or killed.

That said, this was first and foremost a hate crime.  Mass shooters usually have a purpose when choosing their target.  And, in those cases where it is somewhat random, the shooter doesnt travel hundreds of miles to commit the act.

So, while most people that have a belief dont condone this type of violence, their acceptance of the belief still fuels the actions of those that do commit these type of acts.

It absolutely was a hate crime.

And I'm not clear on what "acceptance of their beliefs" you're referring to...

There is a lunatic fringe on both sides of the political spectrum, and I'm not going to assign their beliefs onto people whose views of life and society differ from mine. 

I see way too much of that...

2 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

This is a slippery slope. Didn't BLM express hatred? I hear a lot of political leaders calling for violence now regarding the SCOTUS leak. You seem quick to jump on something when a certain group might be to blame yet ignore other instances. JMO...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I don't think I've ever implied I'm non-partisan - I clearly have beliefs, some very strongly held, just like the rest of you all do.  I can see, though, that I unintentionally set us down a path that we shouldn't get into on this thread.  I'll smack my own hand and let's all redirect.

Oh come on...let us enjoy you guys! Hahaha....saw this thread headed down a path and I'm like one of these days someone is just going to lose it and post some stuff. Haha..

1 hour ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I don't think I've ever implied I'm non-partisan - I clearly have beliefs, some very strongly held, just like the rest of you all do.  I can see, though, that I unintentionally set us down a path that we shouldn't get into on this thread.  I'll smack my own hand and let's all redirect.

I'm probably more at fault than you, so my apologies to the board. 

I don't know about anybody else, but I am real paranoid anymore when I go into a big public place.  I catch myself checking strangers out for weird behavior.  Oddly enough, I have found that there are a lot of meth heads that shop at Wal-Mart.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rico said:

I don't know about anybody else, but I am real paranoid anymore when I go into a big public place.  I catch myself checking strangers out for weird behavior.  Oddly enough, I have found that there are a lot of meth heads that shop at Wal-Mart.

Just remember what Gen. Mattis once said:  Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, rico said:

I'm like the old Mafia "Mustache Pete's." Always sit facing the main entrance of any eatery...

And thanks to Texas Constitutional Carry laws, someone comes into a business armed, they can rest assured they aren't the only ones. I'm always checking for a "profile." 

• Like 2

Sad we’re having this conversation 

Sad that the Buffalo shooter is being viewed as a hero by a certain segment of our society 

This was attack on blacks, but really an attack on humanity.

Some scoff at cities devoting money for resources towards social workers or other professionals trained to de escalate situations. I wonder if someone like that could have slowed this guy down.

Guy in California who was Chinese shoots up a Taiwanese church because of his hatred for that country. So much hatred. 

8 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Sad we’re having this conversation 

Sad that the Buffalo shooter is being viewed as a hero by a certain segment of our society 

This was attack on blacks, but really an attack on humanity.

Some scoff at cities devoting money for resources towards social workers or other professionals trained to de escalate situations. I wonder if someone like that could have slowed this guy down.

Guy in California who was Chinese shoots up a Taiwanese church because of his hatred for that country. So much hatred. 

Who is saying this?  Genuinely curios where you saw this. 

29 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Who is saying this?  Genuinely curios where you saw this. 

National news. Mentioned that whoever is tracking internet activity has seen an increase in these kinds of comments by on white supremacist’s sites

Reported on CBS national news, to be exact 

Edited by Steubenhoosier

22 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

National news. Mentioned that whoever is tracking internet activity has seen an increase in these kinds of comments by on white supremacist’s sites

Reported on CBS national news, to be exact 

I guess what bothers me is mainstream media will connect this loser and white supremacists as leaning right when it is actually the opposite. 

I won't post it but I've perused the kids manisifesto and he is clearly deranged and a self described authoritarian leftist. 

If anyone hasn't seen American History X it is worth watching.  

Edited by mrflynn03