Stories That Make You Shake Your Head At The World

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

What I'm reading states that he's in critical condition, but either way it's bad.  But sure, let's see what can be determined through the facts.  I'm going to keep my biased opinions to myself.  SMH.

ABC News

"Kansas City police told reporters on Sunday that the teenager, Ralph Yarl, meant to go to a house on Northeast 115th Terrace, but he went to 115th Street instead. They said he was taken to the hospital and was in stable condition as of Sunday evening."

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

ABC News

"Kansas City police told reporters on Sunday that the teenager, Ralph Yarl, meant to go to a house on Northeast 115th Terrace, but he went to 115th Street instead. They said he was taken to the hospital and was in stable condition as of Sunday evening."

The shooter, Andrew Lester, who's 85, is being charged with two felonies.  

4 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Good... Now we assemble a jury of his peers, present the evidence, and use our court system...

If the evidence shows that Mr Lester is guilty of a crime, then I'm good with whatever sentence is passed... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Prosecutor says there was a racial component to the case.  Imagine that!?!   Just lock this pathetic excuse of a human up for good.     🙄   

Edited by jv1972iu

7 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Prosecutor says there was a racial component to the case.  Imagine that!?!   Just lock this pathetic excuse of a human up for good.     🙄   

Fortunately, our justice system doesn't deal in jumping to conclusions without evidence...

Beyond a reasonable doubt... 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

You do realize that automatically assuming someone is racist is just as bad?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

How would he know? I don't see the shooter admitting to that. Seems like he is inserting his bias into things

• Like 2

What excuse can we come up with for these "kids"? 

Don't demonize our youth! They were starved of opportunities! 

Exactly why you should carry. If this were my wife, two or three of them would have been catching a gut or face full of lead. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Andrew Lester  "Neighbors described him as a nice elderly man who was a military veteran."

There are 2 discrepancies in the details that have been released.

Yarl says he didn't touch the screen door handle and that Lester said, "Don't come around here! " as Yarl was running away. 

Lester says he opened the door, and Yarl was pulling on the handle of the screen door. Fearing a confrontation, Lester shot Yarl twice. Lester also said he didn't say anything, but immediately called 911. 

Yarl has been released from the hospital... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Andrew Lester  "Neighbors described him as a nice elderly man who was a military veteran."

Yarl says he didn't touch the screen door handle and that Lester said, "Don't come around here! " as Yarl was running away. 

Lester says he opened the door, and Yarl was pulling on the handle of the screen door. Fearing a confrontation, Lester shot Yarl twice. Lester also said he didn't say anything, but immediately called 911. 

HAPPY TO HEAR!!!

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Sounds like he was entering his home... If true, that would be a likely cause for the shooting. I'm sure more facts will come out. Good lesson why its important to let the facts play out...

I'm reminded of the Wuhan saga since I saw the story this morning of a 300 page report out actually identifying 2 leaks. The first in July of 2019. 3-4 years later and we are just now learning this.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/17/senate-gop-report-raises-possibility-of-two-covid-lab-leaks/

• Like 1