Stories That Make You Shake Your Head At The World

Looks like some 21 yo New Yorker saw the suspect in the East Village and called in to the NYPD. That dude is going to be hero status for sure. 

What’s creepy is that the Metrocard purchased with the suspects credit card seemed to be used at another Brooklyn turnstile at 6pm last night. Creepy to think he was still active on the subway then. 

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Looks like some 21 yo New Yorker saw the suspect in the East Village and called in to the NYPD. That dude is going to be hero status for sure. 

What’s creepy is that the Metrocard purchased with the suspects credit card seemed to be used at another Brooklyn turnstile at 6pm last night. Creepy to think he was still active on the subway then. 

Extra, extra happy you and your wife are safe from this monster!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Extra, extra happy you and your wife are safe from this monster!

Us too! 

They have been able to retrace his turnstile swipes (b/c he was dumb enough to leave a credit card and his keys at the scene) and he was in our stop shortly after the shooting on Tuesday morning. Pretty spooky. 

• Like 2

Apparently, now they are saying that he called to turn himself in at a McDonalds in the East Village, then waited there for the police. When they didn’t come, he left and started wandering around. And THEN the 21yo dude saw him and called the cops. 

This dude left his credit card and keys at the crime scene and then apparently continued to ride around on the subway until he tried to turn himself in the next day. There are cameras and cops EVERYWHERE. 

So glad that the roughly $7K I pay each year in NYC taxes (in addition to the state taxes) gets us Barney Fife from Mayberry as our police force. Maybe if the NYPD would look up from their phones for once, they might see something.

Very disturbing story from Southern Indiana.  I'm confused where they say they determined he was 5 from dental records but say they dont know his identity.  If you have matched dental records, how can you not know who he is?

https://www.wdrb.com/news/crime-reports/isp-body-of-5-year-old-boy-was-found-in-suitcase-in-rural-washington-county/article_e431e216-c015-11ec-b020-03a71f585ce8.html

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Very disturbing story from Southern Indiana.  I'm confused where they say they determined he was 5 from dental records but say they dont know his identity.  If you have matched dental records, how can you not know who he is?

https://www.wdrb.com/news/crime-reports/isp-body-of-5-year-old-boy-was-found-in-suitcase-in-rural-washington-county/article_e431e216-c015-11ec-b020-03a71f585ce8.html

Ugh, that’s so horrible. And imagine that mushroom hunter who found it…

45 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Maybe misstated? I'd assume they can tell an approximate age by the teeth themselves...but there are probably many 5 year olds who have limited, if any, dental records at all... 

Terrible tragedy...there's not an earthly punishment appropriate for a monster like that..

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I saw this story and I just have zero words for whoever did this. Makes you angry just thinking about it. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 9:02 AM, 5fouls said:

The story confused “dental records” with “dental conditions”. One of the freakiest looking things in biology is seeing a cutaway/X-ray of a child’s upper and lower mandible. Every tooth we’re ever going to have is contained in there in some state of development. They can gauge approximate age based on how many baby teeth are present, how many have been lost, and the placement/size of the permanent teeth. 

• Like 2

Minor league hockey, ECHL playoffs. Atlanta Gladiators vs. Jacksonville Icemen. Atlanta was the higher seed and would have had home-ice advantage. But because Disney on Ice was taking place in their arena, they could only host three games instead of four, and those had to be Games 5, 6, and 7. You can probably see where this is going...Jacksonville won all four games on its home ice, and the higher seed lost the series without even getting to host a game. 

Disney on Ice affected the Fort Wayne Komets back in 2004. After clinching the top overall seed, the Komets had to play Game 1 on the road in a best of five series. They lost, but managed to win the series, the rest of which was condensed into less than a week, while the Komets' next round opponent got a whole week to rest and wait for them. 

Never underestimate the world's ability to remind minor league sports that they don't matter. 

Edited by TheWatShot

It’s “landlords gone wild” season again here. 

We are in a rent stabilized apartment and won’t consider moving b/c of that. The unit next to us is not rent stabilized and is now $2K a month more than our unit. We won’t leave our unit until we buy a place upstate or in Vermont. 

Who can afford to pay $6,600 for a 1BR apartment? Obviously someone with more money than sense. 

95F5B9B4-8B38-418A-840A-06AD43BA8B38.jpeg

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

This one really makes me wonder what kind of world we live in...

"I’m a ‘fictosexual’ who married a hologram but we’re already having relationship troubles" 

And they let people like this run around on the streets...

Ha, I saw that article headline and was like, “Nope, not reading that.”

Thanks for making me read that. 🙈

• Haha 1

On 4/20/2022 at 9:02 AM, 5fouls said:

The little boy found in a suitcase in Southern Indiana still has not been identified.  The longer he remains unidentified, it seems likely that whoever he was in the care of is involved.  You would think that, if someone was actively looking for him, there would be a break in identifying him by now. 

https://www.newsandtribune.com/identity-of-child-found-in-suitcase-in-washington-county-still-unknown/article_68631dac-c80e-11ec-b56e-63616ea276ab.html?msclkid=3c280b34c97711ec903b63f9c08b7a49

Edited by 5fouls

On 4/30/2022 at 5:24 PM, IUFLA said:

This one really makes me wonder what kind of world we live in...

"I’m a ‘fictosexual’ who married a hologram but we’re already having relationship troubles" 

And they let people like this run around on the streets...

Whoever your one marriage is more questionable than all 9 of 5fouls’ combined…..you’ve got to be trying to $&@/ up on purpose. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 2:07 PM, Lostin76 said:

It’s “landlords gone wild” season again here. 

We are in a rent stabilized apartment and won’t consider moving b/c of that. The unit next to us is not rent stabilized and is now $2K a month more than our unit. We won’t leave our unit until we buy a place upstate or in Vermont. 

Who can afford to pay $6,600 for a 1BR apartment? Obviously someone with more money than sense. 

95F5B9B4-8B38-418A-840A-06AD43BA8B38.jpeg

I don't know how you do it. I make $5000 a month and my wife brings in $2400 and we are Ballin.  My mortgage plus escrow and insurance is $535 a month for 1000 Sq ft and 3/4 acre of land. 

15 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I don't know how you do it. I make $5000 a month and my wife brings in $2400 and we are Ballin.  My mortgage plus escrow and insurance is $535 a month for 1000 Sq ft and 3/4 acre of land. 

I have a 2400 square foot house and my mortgage + insurance + taxes is still less than a third of that 1BR in Chelsea.  Insanity.