Stories That Make You Shake Your Head At The World

23 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Oh. 

Cancel culture rewriting history.I can only imagine the history that will be taught to my grandkids one day. Probably wont be allowed to teach something like history just courses to find out how many genders there are and what pronouns are acceptable to call human beings. Sometimes I just hate this world

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Cancel culture rewriting history.I can only imagine the history that will be taught to my grandkids one day. Probably wont be allowed to teach something like history just courses to find out how many genders there are and what pronouns are acceptable to call human beings. Sometimes I just hate this world

Are they going to take down Washington Monument next?! 

We live in a clown world right now. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Are they going to take down Washington Monument next?! 

We live in a clown world right now. 

In all honesty everything has to go. History is told by the victors and this country was founded on many ideals that by today standards are unacceptable. That does not mean they did not happen and that those that impacted and shaped our country should not be held in high regard. Its sickening

My Mom smoked, we used lead paint I stood up in the car as a child while she drove, I slept in the back window on the Grand Torino from Cincinnati to our house many times. I would never do those things and today we all know all of those are wrong but I am not dishoning my Mom and tearing her pics off the wall. Its gone too far. 

By taking these down does it somehow change what happened??

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

In all honesty everything has to go. History is told by the victors and this country was founded on many ideals that by today standards are unacceptable. That does not mean they did not happen and that those that impacted and shaped our country should not be held in high regard. Its sickening

My Mom smoked, we used lead paint I stood up in the car as a child while she drove, I slept in the back window on the Grand Torino from Cincinnati to our house many times. I would never do those things and today we all know all of those are wrong but I am not dishoning my Mom and tearing her pics off the wall. Its gone too far. 

By taking these down does it somehow change what happened??

Applying today's standards to the past is ridiculous.  There are many reasons why some things took awhile to change, even though some of the founders may have wanted it changed sooner. 

There are things going on in this world today that are much worse than anything that happened in American history. 

• Like 1

I know this is a little off topic but just irks me. My oldest son's finance is a grad student at a Catholic School and the 1st day of this semester instead of introducing themselves to the class by name they had to introduce themselves by the pronouns that apply to them. She said her name and the Professor said no no no, what pronouns do you identify with thats what is important. I am just too old for this crap!!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I know this is a little off topic but just irks me. My oldest son's finance is a grad student at a Catholic School and the 1st day of this semester instead of introducing themselves to the class by name they had to introduce themselves by the pronouns that apply to them. She said her name and the Professor said no no no, what pronouns do you identify with thats what is important. I am just too old for this crap!!

Drives me nuts too. I'm pretty anti social. I will never understand why people need to be accepted or be part of a group or seek validation from others. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I'd a told the professor I prefer the same as Jules Winfield's wallet...

3 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I don't know why, and can't explain it, but nothing offends me. I simply do not care. 

Why can't everyone be like this.

Might be because in the last 20+ years we've been on this coddling mentality. I was brought up to be my own man. Took me a while to gain the confidence in my values that I have now, but I think it's the "everybody is a victum" mentality.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rico said:

I live on Morse and frequent the Morse Boaters Facebook page.  Every year that we make it through labor day without a fatality is a cause for celebration.  On weekends we are off the water by noon.  I've watched from my deck people almost die, in just the 2 summers we have been waterfront.  

I have used my boat to block other boats that seemingly dont see my downed riders.  There was a near miss in the middle of the week, only 3 boats in sight right in front of my house.  I saw them all gather up and talking, someone looked pissed only to find out one guy almost killed a kid.  

I see people wake surfing way after dark.  Last summer a surfer goes down and I here someone on the boat yell, where are you?  The surfer yells, I'm over here.  I say, that's a solid way to kill your kid.  Dumbass.  Then of course they come strolling in around midnight just north of me at the condos.  Makes me worry about walking down the street with such stupidity lurking so near.

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I live on Morse and frequent the Morse Boaters Facebook page.  Every year that we make it through labor day without a fatality is a cause for celebration.  On weekends we are off the water by noon.  I've watched from my deck people almost die, in just the 2 summers we have been waterfront.  

I have used my boat to block other boats that seemingly dont see my downed riders.  There was a near miss in the middle of the week, only 3 boats in sight right in front of my house.  I saw them all gather up and talking, someone looked pissed only to find out one guy almost killed a kid.  

I see people wake surfing way after dark.  Last summer a surfer goes down and I here someone on the boat yell, where are you?  The surfer yells, I'm over here.  I say, that's a solid way to kill your kid.  Dumbass.  Then of course they come strolling in around midnight just north of me at the condos.  Makes me worry about walking down the street with such stupidity lurking so near.

Yeah I am familiar with Morse.  I was afraid to take a boat out to do some fishing because of the crazies, hell it was dangerous enough fishing off a pier.