IU Baseball 2024

btownqb

Ty Bothwell since basically the beginning of April-- 26.2IP 6ER 10BB 18H 31K --2.06ERA

Reese Sharp the last 2 weeks-- 12.1IP 1ER 8H 2BB 16K--.74ERA

Perkins last 25 innings- 3.60ERA 

These three are HUGE reasons why we have been way more competitive on the mound. If one or two more arms can step up this week (UL on Tues and Minny this weekend)... we are going to be a tough out. 

FR continue to shine offensively--

Mathison .280/.410 15HR 45RBIs 

Tibbitts .290/.410 9HR 39RBIs

Pyne .315/.373 5HRs 44RBIs

Goforth (started the last 2 weeks)-- .323/.405 8RBIs ----- last 6 games-- 10-21 .480 

Mathison and Tibbits were huge this weekend

Mathison- 5-12 2B 2HR 5RBIs

Tibbitts- 6-11 2B HR 5 RBIs

We have played over a month without Colopy and about 12 games without Glasser. Both of which are huge for us moving forward, but I am not sure where, exactly. 

Conference stats--

Goforth- 5 games (3 starts)- .529 avg 4 2Bs

Mathison- 18 games- .354/.470 8HR 21RBIs

Pyne- 18 games- .360/.420 2HR 18RBIs

Tibbitts- 18 games- .270/.370 2HR 12RBIs

Jesse- 18 games- .370/.500 2HR 12RBIs

Whalen- 18 games- .330/.382 8RBIs 8 SBs 

Then the big key here is... Serruto has started to be serviceable at the plate. Hitting .260 in conference play. 

Michigan loses. They drop to 10-10 in the league, which means... we could move ahead of them in the league if we win both games tomorrow. (we have tie breaker).. We'd be 6th. 

NW/PU have split games 1+2.

PSU won game 1, is losing game 2 3-0... the have about the same setup as we do, for tomorrow. 

PSU is 2 games ahead of us.

Big weekend for IU. We were 2-1. 

NEB 1-2 

PU 2-1

NW 1-2 

UM 0-3 

PSU 1-2

Currently...

IU tied for 6th with UM and we have the tiebreaker. 

5- PSU 11-10 H vs ILL

6- IU 10-11 A vs Iowa

7- UM 10-11 H vs RU 

8- PU 9-10 H vs Maryland 

9- NEB 8-13 H vs MSU

10- NW 8-13 A vs Minny 

Just going through some stuff... and felt like mentioning---

Colsen Montgomery is hitting .280/.370 in Class A in 16 games

TJ White is hitting .250/.330 in class in 17 games

Ben Hess 27IP 4.88ERA at Alabama

All three of those guys were top 150 players that didn't make it to campus. TJ White going in the 5th rd came out of nowhere, and Colsen wasn't going pro unless he was a top 2 or 3 rd draft pick. 

Ben Hess got out of his commitment when we lost Justin Parker, I believe. He has been Alabama's midweek starter the last two months or so. 

Now--- Ryan Gilbert 6'5 235lbs OF is another Top 150 prospect that is actually on our team, but has had an injury all year long. So that is 4 guys in the Top 150 this team is missing. Luke Hayden being another one. 

The reason I bring that up... we still have an ungodly good FR class-- Mathison, Pyne, Tibbitts are flat out studs. Hayden has stuff to be a starter next weekend, and I still love Holderfield moving forward, and it seems Kraft is going to be serviceable. Then throw in Goforth and Johnson (Johnson was going to RS until Glasser's injury).... that is just a REALLY good FR class. I don't even think Tibbitts has played THAT much baseball, and I know he has played zero 1B before this season. 

Losing White and Hess were huge. Big, big time players... but absolutely nothing we could do. Don't truly count Montgomery as a loss, because it wasn't until that combine or event he went to that he blew up, that is when Top 25 MLB draft pick came into play. 

• Like 1

Last midweek game of the vs. ILL ST at home. I am hoping J Modugno gets another start tonight. Hope he can give you three innings .. then start Saturday on 4 days rest, and see what he can give you. 

Bothwell can't throw until at least Friday. I'm not so sure he won't just start that game, honestly, now that I think about it. 

Start Brehmer game 3. Just depends on how much we value Bothwell out of the pen. I truly don't know. 

Lots of stuff here.. 

Missed the first two innings. Was busy. 

We played like poop for 7 innings. Score two runs in the B7 to make it 7-5 ILL ST. 

Tie it up, whatever. Tibbitts legs out an INF single to go up one... 

12-7. T9

Kraft strikes out the side to win. 

33 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

So Nebraska won, Penn St lost, and PU got rained out.  Now we watch Minnesota v Northwestern.  Am I correct that if Minnesota wins IU is in the Big Ten tournament and if Northwestern wins IU has to beat Iowa to make it in?

I believe we’re in regardless of what happens vs. Iowa tonight.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

So Nebraska won, Penn St lost, and PU got rained out.  Now we watch Minnesota v Northwestern.  Am I correct that if Minnesota wins IU is in the Big Ten tournament and if Northwestern wins IU has to beat Iowa to make it in?

I think, as Joe said, we're in. I'm not sure how lol... 

• Like 1