IU Baseball 2024

btownqb

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Maryland is going to be a bear to handle come Wed. 

I honestly have no clue who starts. I don't think Perkins will be ready. 

I hope our guys play well in 57 degrees and rain because that's the forecast all day in Omaha. Thursday much better. Things about tourney play is you just never know. Would love to get a couple and build some momentum into off season.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I hope our guys play well in 57 degrees and rain because that's the forecast all day in Omaha. Thursday much better. Things about tourney play is you just never know. Would love to get a couple and build some momentum into off season.

Oh absolutely. 

And only a 20 round draft... I'm interested to see how many guys come back. Colopy, Glasser, Whalen, Ellis, Jesse... some of the pitchers. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

threw 80IP at a 4.35ERA for Siena this past season. Started a lot of games, as well. 6'6 240lbs LHP. Going into his last start of the season he had throw 76IP and was a 3.66ERA... got dinged up in his last start. WHIP was a 1.45 this past season, so that'll need to come down, some. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=seiler000ben

He also had a really good summer league last year. 35IP 2.83ERA 1.22WHIP 

• Like 1

Also got confirmation that Top 150 OF Ryan Gilbert 6'5 230lbs... was out this season with an injury. 

Outfield will be mighty interesting next year--- Mathison, Whalen, Jessee, Gilbert, Colopy--- FR Taylor. 

Plus.. you have the catcher predicament with Ellis. 

I would say Goforth has the inside track at 2B. Max Johnson will have a lot to say about SS imo. 

FR Tyler Cerny could factor in at one of those spots, as well.

My guess is--- Goforth to 2B, find a grad transfer, maybe platoon them with Johnson. I could be completely wrong, but man... INF is looking good. 

It's all pitching. If Sharp, Bothwell are back. Holderfield, Kraft, and Hayden take strides---- You need probably one more starter and one more reliever to feel solid about yourself. 

Stahl and Modugno need to wake up. 

If we go--- 

CF Whalen 

LF Jessee 

3B Pyne

DH Mathison

1B Tibbitts 

2B Goforth

C Ellis

RF Colopy

SS Johnson

That is a veryyyyy good lineup. Gilbert, Taylor, grad transfer INF, plus--- we need another catcher. Hopefully that is FR Shepard. 

2-3 pitchers away. (And everyone staying). 

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

If we go--- 

CF Whalen 

LF Jessee 

3B Pyne

DH Mathison

1B Tibbitts 

2B Goforth

C Ellis

RF Colopy

SS Johnson

That is a veryyyyy good lineup. Gilbert, Taylor, grad transfer INF, plus--- we need another catcher. Hopefully that is FR Shepard. 

2-3 pitchers away. (And everyone staying). 

Heck of a lineup! But if your giving up 10 runs a game it’s hard to compete. Hoepfullly some pitching studs are on the way and we could make some serious noise 

7 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Heck of a lineup! But if your giving up 10 runs a game it’s hard to compete. Hoepfullly some pitching studs are on the way and we could make some serious noise 

Just develop your 3 FR. Plus 2-3 studs coming in that are FR. 

Already have one transfer on the way. 1-2. 

The pitching was IMMENSELY better the last 6 weeks, sans the first game vs Iowa.