IU Baseball 2024

btownqb

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Can you elaborate? I firmly believe you

He helped recruit and develop all of Ball States recent pitchers who have gotten drafted Jameson, Baker, McDermott, Nicolas and other very good pitchers. He also has a ton of connections in baseball but especially around the state. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I will be curious to see how 2022 goes. I've heard some things that help to explain why things fell apart down the stretch for IU last year.  

Side note Toetz is getting SS reps for PU this fall. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets the nod there come spring. 

First of all... piss on Toetz. 

Second of all... what happened? I don't generally care about this stuff... but I'm actually intrigued to know. PM? 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Idk, I've wondered that, as well. We are replacing some DUDES on the mound. 

He was the best high school pitcher I've ever seen. He was NASTY on the mound. He's probably not a Friday night guy yet. Maybe a Saturday/Sunday guy. I think it'd be hard to keep a guy like him out of the weekend rotation if he's pitching well. 

8 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

He was the best high school pitcher I've ever seen. He was NASTY on the mound. He's probably not a Friday night guy yet. Maybe a Saturday/Sunday guy. I think it'd be hard to keep a guy like him out of the weekend rotation if he's pitching well. 

I don't disagree. It seem Sharp is going to stay out of the pen, Mudungo will start, not sure on Stahl, yet. We still have some arms in there that can play. We'll see. Not too far away, honestly. I will be in Texas opening weekend. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't disagree. It seem Sharp is going to stay out of the pen, Mudungo will start, not sure on Stahl, yet. We still have some arms in there that can play. We'll see. Not too far away, honestly. I will be in Texas opening weekend. 

I can't wait for college baseball season to start!! Just a little over a month away!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, my wife and I are not going to be able to head to Texas next weekend, as originally planned. Had to cancel our flights and everything. Anyways... 

Two massive weekends ahead of this team, right out of the gate. @Clemson and then the Round Rock Classic. As of now it's suppose to be 60 and sunny all weekend in SC. Incredible weather to start the season. 

As far as our team goes this season, this is the most inexperienced group we've had in a while. We did get some older transfers that should help, but still, we have some young dudes that will have to step up. https://iuhoosiers.com/sports/baseball/roster link to the roster here. 

Colopy is starting somewhere in the OF. Gasser is starting at SS. Kip Fougerousse is going to start at 3B, 1B, or DH. I assume Ellis is going to be the starting C https://www.wsccathletics.com/sports/bsb/2020-21/bios/ellis_matthew_abec?view=career&pos=h and with how good his bat was last year, I assume he will DH when he isn't catching. He hit 17HRs last season in JUCO. 

Those four Colopy, Ellis, Fougerousse, and Gasser are going to start. The other 5 positions, they are up for grabs 2 OF spots (hoping 2 FR- Mathison and Gilbert factor in there, along with Vecrumba. Gilbert was a top 150 FR and is 6'5 235lbs. Vecrumba was immensely improved from last season. I think Doanes will start at 2B. If he plays up to his potential, we could be more than solid. 

We brought in experience pitching wise, after losing a lot. We brought in 4 transfer pitchers. Plus, Stahl, Mudongo, and Bothwell will be getting more work for us. I think, Reese Sharp is going to be the closer. Braydon Tucker will also be a huge part of the staff, and I think David Platt will get some run, as well. Luke Hayden is a top 100 FR on the mound and could be a weekend starter from the get go. 

• Thanks 1