IU Baseball 2024

btownqb

On 3/7/2022 at 9:02 AM, btownqb said:

Just going to give a 10 game recap---

Obviously this season did not start how we wanted beginning 0-4. Since then we are 4-2 and won our first series this weekend. Hitting has been the bright spot, but when you dive into the pitching #s they are significantly better than what they show. 

First we have given up  67 earned runs this season, but 23 of those came in the first two games of the season. That is 44 runs in 8 games... which isn't good, but that drops our ERA from 7.12 to 5.5... again still not good, but huge difference. Then if you throw out Stanford (Top 5 team and miles ahead of us in practice time and what not).... our ERA sits at 4.42.... and that is basically where we have been since the first two games at Clemson, outside of the Stanford game. 

This weekend we gave up 16 earned runs, but 7 of those came in one inning and that's the only reason this wasn't a three game sweep. We dominated the other 26 innings at a score of 29-9 out of that one inning. 

We have absolutely seen improvement and we have seen back to back well pitched games from the Hoosiers to end the most recent series. 

Having said all that, no relapses and Sharp, Bothwell, Mudugno, and Stahl need to wake tf up, but we are "okay". Those 4 have thrown too many innings at this level to be struggling the way they are. Stahl didn't pitch this weekend... and Mudugno was really good expect for that previously mentioned inning... but Sharp and Bothwell still looked shaky. 

TY for the breakdown.  Hopefully we get a head of steam going so I can "puff out my chest" on "The RedsZone"

• Like 1

Matthew Ellis -12 GP .333/.455/.850 7HR 18RBIs

He's been an absolute unit the first three weeks of the season. I think 5 if his 7 bombs have been BOMBS. 

Bobby Whalen hitting .375 and 9SBs already. He can burn, wow he can burn. 

FR Brock Tibbitts .405/.479/.690 3HRs 12RBIs 3 2Bs

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

My God, what has happened to IU baseball? Watched part of the Northwestern game Sunday and it was a debacle.

We lost a lot of pitching from a year ago, plus the pitching coach. We're not an SEC program that can just reload every year. I'm hoping we can bounce back next year. I'm ready to pull the plug on this season. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

We lost a lot of pitching from a year ago, plus the pitching coach. We're not an SEC program that can just reload every year. I'm hoping we can bounce back next year. I'm ready to pull the plug on this season. 

Don't pull the plug yet. Our guys play way too hard for that. 

You're 100% right on everything though.