IU Baseball 2024

btownqb

12 minutes ago, rico said:

Didn't get drafted?

No.  Was a relief pitcher last year, only a 20 round draft. Id say thats why he just now announce he's transferring. He has been committed to us for over 2 weeks, he wanted to wait and see if he was drafted first.  

• Thanks 1

Another right hander. This kid had to start 12 games this year, and it didnt go well.... 75IP-- 6.90 ERA. But.. he had two decent outings against two Top 10 teams in VT and Tex AM.... 

Anyways.. since hes moved to the pen (end of season plus summer league)... 29 innings 2ER 11H 43K 6BB .... I would say this is in direct correlation with Sharp getting, sort of surprisingly drafted.... 

This kid will be a JR. In his career his been good to really good out of the pen. 

I guess maybe Glasser will be back? And I'm pretty sure Ellis will be. 

Our position players should be nasty.  

C Ellis/Serruto (if Pete comes back)

1B Tibbitts 

2B De Goti/Glasser/Goforth 

SS De Goti/Glasser 

3B Pyne 

LF Mathison

CF Whalen

RF Jesse

Plus-- Colopy, Devin Taylor, AJ Shepard. 

14 hours ago, btownqb said:

I guess maybe Glasser will be back? And I'm pretty sure Ellis will be. 

Our position players should be nasty.  

C Ellis/Serruto (if Pete comes back)

1B Tibbitts 

2B De Goti/Glasser/Goforth 

SS De Goti/Glasser 

3B Pyne 

LF Mathison

CF Whalen

RF Jesse

Plus-- Colopy, Devin Taylor, AJ Shepard. 

Real nasty! I think there are several pros in that lineup. If we can just get some pitching we have a shot at hosting a regional over next 2 years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5 championships said:

Real nasty! I think there are several pros in that lineup. If we can just get some pitching we have a shot at hosting a regional over next 2 years. 

Concur. I love we picked up some younger guys in the portal, as well. They won't just be 1 year rentals. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2022 at 1:00 PM, btownqb said:

https://www.therepublic.com/2022/08/09/bode-transfering-from-louisville-to-iu/

Bode mentions here playing C, 1B, OF, or DH. But, yeah, official he's coming to IU. Holy cow we are deep. 

From the message boards and Twitter, it appears Ole Miss righthanded pitcher Wes Burton will be transferring to IU. 6'8" pitcher that didn't have a role this past year. Definitely a big personality that will bring a lot to the program in that regard.  Fastball, slider, changeup mix mostly and struggled to find the strike zone over his career in Oxford. However, can be very effective when he's in the zone.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stolen from another site--- supposedly Mercer and other B1G coaches met with Warren after the year to speak about a number of issues, including increasing the profile of B1G baseball. Still wish we could play the BTT in Indy, but I that is Memorial Day weekend and we all know what goes on in Indy that weekend. 

But, Columbus OH would be a great option or Wrigley Field. Something, something other than sending fans to Omaha. 

And just in general... more, lots more live baseball games should be broadcast on B1GN and FS1, imo. Just try it and see if the results are decent. 

B1G baseball every Saturday starting at noon, another mid day game, and then a night cap? I mean, let's say it's Saturday April 22nd and the B1G does something like that, not like there is a lot of other things to watch during that time. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...