The 4th of July

20 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

BOOM!

bought some fireworks 

Resized_20210701_172932(1).jpg

Nice haul! We’ve had a pretty steady stream of fireworks each night in our hood for the past month. We are down in Maryland this weekend, b/c we like to see them over the water. The ones in St. Michaels here are Saturday night. If we go back on Sunday, we will catch the NYC ones from our rooftop!

Have always loved the 4th!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

So, are you a traditionalist and only do them on the 4th, or are one of those rebels that will be setting them off Friday through Monday?

Looking at the picture, he can just turn on the stove and let fate decide when they explode.

Fun for the whole neighborhood!

• Haha 5

We did our fireworks last night with only 1 mishap. The biggest one I got had 9 shots that went up and exploded. About 3 shots in it tipped over. It’s a rush to run into a garage hoping to not get hit. We got lucky with no injuries but one shot did end up in the garage. 

Stay safe!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

We did our fireworks last night with only 1 mishap. The biggest one I got had 9 shots that went up and exploded. About 3 shots in it tipped over. It’s a rush to run into a garage hoping to not get hit. We got lucky with no injuries but one shot did end up in the garage. 

Stay safe!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

A day of swimming,  corn hole some beer pong, the kids made gallons of some adult punch. The best part I don't have to cook anything and fireworks. Friends,  family,  fireworks Happy Independence Day!!

May be an image of text that says 'FOR SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE IN AMERICA TODAY WILL BE THE LAST DAY THEY HAVE TEN FINGERS'

• Haha 6

I'll throw the video up in the morning, but there has been at least a dozen really, really good displays visible from my backyard. With a backdrop of some of the big Cincinnati-area shows off in the distance. 

It's been sounding like an artillery test range for a good 45 minutes. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Still have all my digits. 

Have never seem people set off fireworks like this before. 

I will agree that there seemed to be quite a bit more fireworks going off than normal.  I will take that as a good thing.  People getting together with family and friends and celebrating.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Still have all my digits. 

Have never seem people set off fireworks like this before. 

I agree. Both on the 3rd and 4th. Seems like people spent a little more this year and are making up for lost parties from last year. Wonder what this will look like when updated for this year?

chart-of-the-week_070121.png

Edited by Reacher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

I agree. Both on the 3rd and 4th. Seems like people spent a little more this year and are making up for lost parties from last year. Wonder what this will look like when updated for this year?

chart-of-the-week_070121.png

Stimulus monies?

• Haha 1

It was the opposite down here in my neck of the woods this year...

We were supposed to have a family get together in Destin over the 4th weekend, but one daughter couldn't make it til the end of this month.

The town display wasn't good, and my neighbors didn't fire off the usual amount either...don't have any idea why...

I've talked to a couple of people who had the same impression...the Washington (Indiana) display didn't have the typical altitude.  From our vantage point, it was barely clearing the roofline.  Last year, seemed considerably higher from the same spot.

The private displays around us were pretty numerous though.

Edited by FKIM01