Bronny James....

I’d say we won’t have to worry about Bronny coming to IU. I haven’t seen any interest from either side. But for the record, I do think he’s better than MM.  Granted, I’ve only seen part of one game live and that was two years ago 😂 

On 7/8/2021 at 10:55 AM, Andrew said:

Anyone in here saying they wouldnt take him is delusional lol

Here's where I believe you're wrong...

Of course if he's far better than alternatives and fills a need, a staff would likely take him if he was interested.  If, on the other hand, he's one of 2-3 alternatives and he's perceived and an equal or even slightly better talent than alternatives, I could see some staffs choosing the alternative without the entourage.  After seeing LeBron confront an announcer when his son was playing because he didn't like the commentary, yeah...I'd pass on having that around my program.  It would be magnified X100 over Justin Smith's dad just because of who was doing the whining.  That's just too much of a potential distraction for most programs.

...and what if the NIL caused jealousy because Bronny was perceived as getting preferential treatment because of who he was? 

There are absolutely factors beyond talent that could cause a staff to take a pass here.  Some programs may be content to let Calipari deal with the ultimate hands-on parent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

All ive got to say is LOL to that. Benefits definitely outweigh the cons. 

I mean it isn’t like he is the best player in that class…he isn’t even a 5*…not even sure he is as good as his ranking is. Not saying he won’t be a good player but let’s not act like his production on the court is certain to outweigh any distraction the Lebron hype train would bring to the program.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

I mean it isn’t like he is the best player in that class…he isn’t even a 5*…not even sure he is as good as his ranking is. Not saying he won’t be a good player but let’s not act like his production on the court is certain to outweigh any distraction the Lebron hype train would bring to the program.

If he weren’t LeBrons son he wouldn’t even be a 4 star recruit.  He’s at best a high 3 star with an attitude that is not real coachable.  I for one, don’t want LeBron anywhere near IU, but that’s just me.

• Like 8

The idea that LeBron would be a distraction is pretty stupid. If anything, having him tied to your program would be a good thing for a long time, both for future recruiting and for your fan base who would get some cool Nike gear and having Bron support your program since his kid went there. Blue chip recruits would like up to get a chance to play with Bronny simply because it means more exposure to his dad. Plus, Bronny is really good in his own right

If you hate LBJ I can see not wanting this, but otherwise it’s all upside.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Andrew said:

The idea that LeBron would not be a distraction is pretty stupid.

See what i did there?

Like I said...that's your opinion, man.  I couldn't disagree more so let's just leave it at that, OK?  No need to call those who disagree with you stupid.  That's what people do when they can't counter legitimate concerns.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1