Bronny James....

3 hours ago, WRSMick55 said:

Intelligent people can have stupid ideas.,,,,

Passive aggressive way of calling somebody stupid in THAT moment. Not sure on an opinionated subject why anybody thinks their opinion is more valid than somebody else’s, hence why the need to say “THAT is stupid”.  Pretty simple to just say “I disagree” right?  

On the subject, the kid isn’t even that highly ranked or thought of. He’s only being talked about because of his Dad. So is that why we’d want him because we think it would bring positive publicity? No thanks. He’d fit great at a place like UK. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Passive aggressive way of calling somebody stupid in THAT moment. Not sure on an opinionated subject why anybody thinks their opinion is more valid than somebody else’s, hence why the need to say “THAT is stupid”.  Pretty simple to just say “I disagree” right?  

On the subject, the kid isn’t even that highly ranked or thought of. He’s only being talked about because of his Dad. So is that why we’d want him because we think it would bring positive publicity? No thanks. He’d fit great at a place like UK. 

A passive aggressive insult is exactly what it is.  I don't know why it's so difficult to disagree with a little civility. 

There are legitimate concerns with this recruit and if Cal gets him, he may live to regret it.  What if Bronny doesn't get as many minutes as daddy thinks he should?  I see a lot of potential headaches if this kid is good, but not quite elite.  Knowing who he is, who his daddy is, and what his videos look like, I see plenty of reasons to consider passing.

• Like 3

Lol hes the #28 composite 4* (a few away from a 5*)  in his class. AFTER a year of barely playing. If you didnt know his name and i told yall this youd love to have him lol. Rated higher than jalen hood schifino for his class that i know we all desperately want. Hes a good player. Youre just a hater and thats ok. Dealing (even tho i believe thered be nothing to deal with, cbb isnt a useless aau game) with LBJ for a few years is so worth the publicity, imagine all the national games wed get. I can name so many positives to this. Also lbj is a great person if you think otherwise well thats on you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Lol hes the #28 composite 4* (a few away from a 5*)  in his class. AFTER a year of barely playing. If you didnt know his name and i told yall this youd love to have him lol. Rated higher than jalen hood schifino for his class that i know we all desperately want. Hes a good player. Youre just a hater and thats ok. Dealing (even tho i believe thered be nothing to deal with, cbb isnt a useless aau game) with LBJ for a few years is so worth the publicity, imagine all the national games wed get. I can name so many positives to this. Also lbj is a great person if you think otherwise well thats on you.

You don't think at least some of that ranking is derived from who his father is? I don't know whether he's a good player or not, because like most of the prospects touted here all we see is a 3 minute highlight reel from a 30+ minute game.

I saw LeBron's meltdown over an announcer in an AAU game saying something about he got a call because the building is named after his father...can you imagine what he'd be like in a fishbowl like IU? 

As far as the "hater" label, I'll just say this...I rooted for LeBron and the Cavaliers when he returned there after his Miami stint...some of his actions since that time I don't agree with. Is he a "good guy" as you say? I've seen him do some good things off the court and I admire that...but I don't know him, and you don't either...so I don't know if he's a good guy or not...

As for his son, I feel sorry for him. I don't think he's a Jeffrey Jordan, but I'm pretty sure he'll never approach the status of his father as a player...but some people will expect that...

All things considered, I think he should wait until the one and done rule is repealed and go straight to the league. Any high profile college he attends will provide a very hot spotlight, and I don't think he needs or deserves that...

Go to the league where the expectations won't be there immediately. Learn under the wing of his father. I'm sure LeBron has enough sway over Jeanie Buss and the Lakers to swing that...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bronny is a really good facilitator. Kinda has that court vision and court IQ like Lebron. He is a very capable scorer but he just doesn’t havethat dog in him. He defers when he is on a team of good players. He will probably go g-league and then to pros. Can’t see him dealing with the media circus that college would bring and be hard for any school to protect him. We will see how he turns out…he has time to make that leap but I also don’t see dominant player there. Not only is he not built like his father but he also struggles at the line. To me he struggled with the mental aspect of the game probably trying to live up to the name. He will be an nba player…and I don’t see any reason to think he will go to college. So it’s a mute point.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

Hes not going to college. A team will draft him as long as one and done is gone (likely) in hopes of getting Lebron to come to them or getting Lebron's team to trade for Bronny since he wants to play with his son. Then theres g league and new Overtime Elite league where you lose hs and college eligibility as other options

Edited by cybergates
  • Like 2