Need help with a question driving me crazy

16 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Any person over 30 will remember slinking their knee and Mom or Grandma putting a red medicine from a dropper on.it. it.might start with a T. Been driving me crazy for some reason. This might be it but I don't remember it being this. Mercurochrome

Bactine perhaps?  I'm not remembering it being a dropper product, but a spray/aerosol.  So, probably not the correct answer.

Edited by jv1972iu

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Any person over 30 will remember slinking their knee and Mom or Grandma putting a red medicine from a dropper on.it. it.might start with a T. Been driving me crazy for some reason. This might be it but I don't remember it being this. Mercurochrome

That's what we always called it...Mercurochrome...or methylate...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

We called it Indian paint.  It healed everything.  Especially when grandma would hold you, tell you it was alright, and give you a big kiss.  

• Like 1

Haha, yes, it was Mercurochrome in our house.  If we had a tiny scratch, mom would draw little pictures of cats or dogs on the "wound."  We loved it.  They were temporary tattoos.  We would fake cuts to get one.

Then in the summer, we'd eat watermelon on the back porch, and have contests to see who could spit seeds the farthest.

We had no money, and lived like kings.

Replying to:

@Billingsley99

@IUFLA

@jv1972iu

@NotIThatLives

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

We rubbed dirt on our skinned knees.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Haha, yes, it was Mercurochrome in our house.  If we had a tiny scratch, mom would draw little pictures of cats or dogs on the "wound."  We loved it.  They were temporary tattoos.  We would fake cuts to get one.

Then in the summer, we'd eat watermelon on the back porch, and have contests to see who could spit seeds the farthest.

Replying to:

@Billingsley99

@IUFLA

@jv1972iu

@NotIThatLives

You described my childhood.  Lots of hide n go seek too.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madison22 said:

Replying to:

@Billingsley99

@IUFLA

@jv1972iu

@NotIThatLives

Was always told not to swallow the seeds..."They'll make you sick!". Just another version of "You'll shoot your eye out!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Replying to:

@Billingsley99

@IUFLA

@jv1972iu

@NotIThatLives

Great memories. Life sure was much more simple. 

• Like 2

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merthiolate

Merthiolate.  Yep, my parents rubbed mercury on my boo-boos too.🤣

Incidentally, Merthiolate is still on the market although it's been completely reworked without the mercury or the bright red color.  No idea if it still stings like it used to.

Edited by FKIM01
Spelling & additional info
  • Like 1