2023 Drayk Bowen

• 5 weeks later...

Holy crap. That's two massive recruits in-state that is giving IU a legitimate look.

I was happy to see IU make his top 12.  Getting this far with Bowen and Curry is fantastic.   This staff does a terrific job once guys get on campus.

A 9 plus win season would be huge on so many levels. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

Holy crap. That's two massive recruits in-state that is giving IU a legitimate look.

I was happy to see IU make his top 12.  Getting this far with Bowen and Curry is fantastic.   This staff does a terrific job once guys get on campus.

A 9 plus win season would be huge on so many levels. 

Hopefully Mercer is recruiting this guy a lot too!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I'm trying to get used to the company we keep on the recruiting trail in football. I love it and all for it...but any of us who have been IU Football fans since the Dave Schnell (may he rest in peace still) just won't get used to see us up there with some of these schools. Seems like an ND kid but if he wants baseball too we could give those schools a run for their money on this one. 

33 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

If he is focusing on baseball too, we have to be one of the favorites. Though it looks like he is huge ND lean 

I am sure ND is in the driver's seat.  He goes to a Catholic school in "the region."

But the CB picks have zero credibility right now.  It seems most of the early CB picks are from traditional power schools simply to drive clicks.

Mercer and Allen are intelligent guys and successful coaches.  I guarantee they are working together to put the full court press on Bowen.  

Baseball and Football at IU have top of the line facilities.   Probably a long shot but I will give the benefit of the doubt to our coaching staffs.

• Like 1

Take a look at the clips of him.  Of course, they are highlights, but you can see the combo of speed, strength, smarts/instincts, etc.  He is very, very fluid for a linebacker.  No tightness at all.  He looks phenomenal.  

I love defense. I love linebackers.  He and Curry together would be scary for any team to deal with.

Edited by BobSaccamanno

• 3 weeks later...

On second thought it’s probably related to this

September 1 of junior year: Athletes can receive any form of private communication. This includes emails, recruiting materials, texts and direct messages on social media. ... Additional calls can be made after September 1 of the athlete's senior year.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...