2022 RB Gi'Bran Payne Leaving IU

KDB

9 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Cincinnati LaSalle is a machine. State champions in their class in ‘14, ‘15, ‘16 and ‘19. Several NFL players as alumni, including Brent Celek. If this kid’s offer list wasn’t proof enough, this is one to create a pipeline into. 

Cinci and Indy are great places to have the foundation of our program. 

I dont want Luke Fickell anywhere near the Midwest if he leaves UC. I'm impressed by he and his program. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Cinci and Indy are great places to have the foundation of our program. 

I dont want Luke Fickell anywhere near the Midwest if he leaves UC. I'm impressed by he and his program. 

UC isn’t going to let a Brian Kelly situation happen again. Short of someone like ND/Texas/Bama/etc giving him a blank check, they’ll pay him. Only place he’d really want to leave for is OSU, and I think they’re pretty set. He’s a Columbus native, so it’s impossible to be closer to home without being at OSU.

The fact that OSU had a choice between Fickell and Day as an in-house replacement for Urban is the definition of “embarrassment of riches”.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

UC isn’t going to let a Brian Kelly situation happen again. Short of someone like ND/Texas/Bama/etc giving him a blank check, they’ll pay him. Only place he’d really want to leave for is OSU, and I think they’re pretty set. He’s a Columbus native, so it’s impossible to be closer to home without being at OSU.

The fact that OSU had a choice between Fickell and Day as an in-house replacement for Urban is the definition of “embarrassment of riches”.

Couldn't agree more to everything. He and Tom Allen are SET!

Is there anyone in the nation that Monds doesn't know?  I wonder if there's anything to take from this impression... good guy, charismatic, natural leadership skills?  Should never underestimate the value of having a player that others gravitate towards, it can evolve into both locker room and on the field leadership.

Would be awesome to get a commitment this late in the process for a RB/ATH of his caliber.  Makes me wonder if there might be momentum with other high level players that are currently under the radar for the general public.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

Since Notre Dame missed out on Singleton, they are said to be circling back to Payne and Judkins from Georgia. While Payne would probably commit to ND if given the go ahead, they apparently like Judkins more 

ND also has 1 running back commit already so who knows what they are looking for in another back.