2022 RB Gi'Bran Payne Leaving IU

KDB

1 minute ago, rico said:

The football program, itself, is concerning to me.  

We've never had more talent on the roster, then we've had now. And in the last 5 years or so. Facilities are finally competitive and regardless of Payne... we still had an excellent recruiting class--the best we've ever had.

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We've never had more talent on the roster, then we've had now. And in the last 5 years or so. Facilities are finally competitive and regardless of Payne... we still had an excellent recruiting class--the best we've ever had.

I get all that.  Doesn't change my concern.

• Like 1

Certainly not ideal. But you never want to make someone come if they don't want to be here. Whether it happen now or later, the desire comes out in the wash...

More than ever, we need players that want to wear the cream and crimson.

This is unfortunate, but hopefully we can find a decent alternative plan.

1 hour ago, rico said:

I get all that.  Doesn't change my concern.

This was bound to happen, especially players recruited by and built relationships with former position coaches at IU. I just hope there won't be anymore, but time will tell. This could have been a bigger issue if Dasan McCullough and his brothers decided to jump ship, but with them deciding to stay at IU also tells you there love for this university. Obviously IU Football, Coach Allen and new RB coach, Craig Johnson weren't enough to keep him here. 

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 4

• KDB changed the title to 2022 RB Gi'Bran Payne Leaving IU
11 hours ago, rico said:

The football program, itself, is concerning to me.  

I understand.  Hopefully we improve drastically this year to allay your concerns, my friend.  If we win six games that would be a 4 game improvement.  I’m expecting quality play at QB, which we didn’t have last year.  I think the defense will be experienced and solid.  It may come down to improvement in the offensive line, once and for all.  We’ve got a bunch of prospects over there.  We need five guys to step up and make a sound unit.  It might take a couple of young ones to step forward.  The head coach has stood by the assistant.  Everyone’s neck is on the line, literally.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno