High School Hoops '21-'22

2 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Darn….it’s been been a few years since then 

she could really shoot it !

In general, that is a very good girls basketball conference. 

Pekin, SC, and Austin all winning state titles in recent years. Salem and BC have been to a title game(BC a seperate semi state run, as well). Salem just ended a very good 4-5 year run. And North Harrison made two state finals appearances. 

Scottsburg won a title, as well. Charlestown has made some runs too. 

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

In general, that is a very good girls basketball conference. 

Pekin, SC, and Austin all winning state titles in recent years. Salem and BC have been to a title game(BC a seperate semi state run, as well). Salem just ended a very good 4-5 year run. And North Harrison made two state finals appearances. 

Scottsburg won a title, as well. Charlestown has made some runs too. 

Counting this season, in 5 of the last 7 years, the 3A representative from the South has been a Mid-Southern Conference member,

Every school in the Mid-Southern finished the season in the top 200 in Sagarin ratings for girls basketball.  The only 3 other conferences to make that claim were the Hoosier Crossroads, The Metropolitan, and The Hoosier Hills.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

So just pouring over this thread I agree mostly with @IU Scott...

One class basketball and the lore it created had a charm that wasn't duplicated in any other state...

But, the world changes and I'm ok with that...

And I'm sure there have been some epic moments since Indiana went away from class basketball, but I haven't heard them...

Kentucky basketball is still one class (only football of the big sports has classes) and there seems to always be Cinderellas make it to the Sweet 16 at Rupp Arena. Now, all Lexington schools, Louisville schools, and NKY schools where the big powerhouses / catholic schools are have their separate regions, so each gets one representative, meaning that there are 13 other regions where the region champion turns over pretty regular. The only ones hurt in this scenario are the smaller, non-Catholic schools in Lex, Louisville, or NKY. But under KY’s system you’ll have plenty of hope, belief any team in any given season could make a run. 

Edited by kyhoosier29

16 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Kentucky basketball is still one class (only football of the big sports has classes) and there seems to always be Cinderellas make it to the Sweet 16 at Rupp Arena. Now, all Lexington schools, Louisville schools, and NKY schools where the big powerhouses / catholic schools are have their separate regions, so each gets one representative, meaning that there are 13 other regions where the region champion turns over pretty regular. The only ones hurt in this scenario are the smaller, non-Catholic schools in Lex, Louisville, or NKY. But under KY’s system you’ll have plenty of hope, belief any team in any given season could make a run. 

Indiana has 23 schools larger than KYs largest. Which is the argument for the "mega" class in Indiana. 

There are also well over a hundred more HSs in IN. 

Just information. 

26 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Counting this season, in 5 of the last 7 years, the 3A representative from the South has been a Mid-Southern Conference member,

Every school in the Mid-Southern finished the season in the top 200 in Sagarin ratings for girls basketball.  The only 3 other conferences to make that claim were the Hoosier Crossroads, The Metropolitan, and The Hoosier Hills.  

Then factor in enrollment 

• Like 1

Must be something in the water. I read a few posts back about a fight breaking out at a game in Ft. Wayne. Then on Friday night, another fight broke out, sadly, between my kids HS alma mater, Harrison and the Bosse Bulldogs. The game was close and the Bosse had a 4 point lead with something like 3 minutes left in the game. Then, a fight broke out in the stands and the game was called and determined a draw. But get this, the fight did not start by either the players or adults but, are you ready for this? Middleschoolers!! Yeah, 3 kids! Where are the parents?

Then you have the end of the Mich. vs. Wiscy game, and it makes me wonder! smh....

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Must be something in the water. I read a few posts back about a fight breaking out at a game in Ft. Wayne. Then on Friday night, another fight broke out, sadly, between my kids HS alma mater, Harrison and the Bosse Bulldogs. The game was close and the Bosse had a 4 point lead with something like 3 minutes left in the game. Then, a fight broke out in the stands and the game was called and determined a draw. But get this, the fight did not start by either the players or adults but, are you ready for this? Middleschoolers!! Yeah, 3 kids! Where are the parents?

Then you have the end of the Mich. vs. Wiscy game, and it makes me wonder! smh....

A lot of angry people in the world these days. I blame social media, political propaganda and people spending too much time on the Internet. 

• Like 4

Well my Wildcats don't have to play Blackhawk in the 1st rd., but they might get them in the semis.

Warsaw drew Penn and Al Rhoades(the coach that led the Tigers to the title in '84) in the first game.  BTW, Tiger fans are clamoring for the return of one class basketball.  lol

10 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

@btownqb

Your guys whipped my Hatchets not long ago. Looks good for a deep run for the Braves. Good luck. 

The 8th grade went undefeated. BC also has two FR sitting out (transferred from Scottsburg mid year) ... one of them is 6'7 and the other 6'3. Both project to be HIGH major players, as well. They'll be eligible, at minimum, for the last 5 regular season games next season. 

BC could be like 6'8, 6'6, 6'5, 6'4, 6'1 in their starting line next season w/2 or 3 D1 kids. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Looking at some stuff today, crazy how packed 4A and 3A are at the top. 

4As top 19 teams are seperated by less than 10 points in the Sag ratings. 

3As top 18 teams fit that bill, as well. 

To me, there are A LOT of teams in each of those classes that could make runs. Very good for the sport!

I'm off today, so sorry for all the posting. 

Brownstown plays at Orleans this coming weekend. Great 1A program! They have a solid atmosphere and home court advantage. 

I was able to coach two of the Orleans SOs when they were younger, in AAU. Great kids and have become very good basketball players! 

Xavier Alston a SO is avg 13p 7r. 

Here is a video of him hammering down a two handed flush. 

Edited by btownqb

For Memorial, we get a bye and will face either GS or Heritage Hills(loss to both by single digits) and will most likely face Bosse (single digit loss) in the sectional final

This Memorial (11-9) isn’t that bad of team this year, just unlucky in close games from the looks of it, heck, they could be 17-3 right now if they finished their losses <5 points. 

4A 16 is a bloodbath in my opinion, that is wide open

image.png.bfae8d4dede94cdaff8d8191c61663b3.png

Edited by Hoosierfan1901
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

By Saturday we need top 5 sectional championships to attend:

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

Well.. two of those are simple. 

Sectionals 8 and 10. 

Sectional #63 at Loogootee has 3 of the Top 7 teams in 1A.  It also has fan bases that are among the most passionate in the state.