High School Hoops '21-'22

On 2/21/2022 at 6:42 PM, btownqb said:

And Orleans is top 20.

On 2/21/2022 at 6:37 PM, 5fouls said:

Sectional #63 at Loogootee has 3 of the Top 7 teams in 1A.  It also has fan bases that are among the most passionate in the state.

I live in Loogootee. I'm pretty sure this sectional has never been this stacked. It's going to be nuts. 

Maybe I should rent out my extra room, yard, and shed.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I was told both were weak. 

Both CJ and the official have to know whats on the line with a 2nd tech. I wish kids would act like they did it before and just be quite and I wish officials would just stop play and talk to a kid about being smarting instead of just trying to throw themselves in the middle of the game. CJ might have just played his last high school game being a bone head.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Both CJ and the official have to know whats on the line with a 2nd tech. I wish kids would act like they did it before and just be quite and I wish officials would just stop play and talk to a kid about being smarting instead of just trying to throw themselves in the middle of the game. CJ might have just played his last high school game being a bone head.

I'm not blaming CJ until I see video of both. 

I expect more from the adults, ultimately though. 

56 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am so tired of players flexing or staring down opponents.  I have seen plenty of times players doing this and gets beat back down the court for a layup.

I'm so tired of old basketball fans that cant adjust with the times. I'm also tired of officials thinking they get awards for assessing a technical. 

Go watch the 544 mark and see Cupps get a T. Thats is BOGUS and happens entirely TOO much. I've officiated and coached at the V level, I can promise you the players are regularly not the problem. The last 4-5 years have been eye opening. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm so tired of old basketball fans that cant adjust with the times. I'm also tired of officials thinking they get award for assessing a technical. 

Go watch the 544 mark and see Cupps get a T. Thats is BOGUS and happens entirely TOO much. I've officiated and coached at the V level, I can promise you the players are regularly not the problem. The last 4-5 years have been eye opening. 

I liked the college game when the players played and the coaches dealt with officials.  Just because things has changed doesn't mean for the better.  I think players should act like they have been there and done that.  You make a good play be excited but don't act like an idiot.  A guy hits a 3 in front of the other teams bench and turns around and says something to them drives me crazy.  I guess it is more important being stylish over substance. I can see if it is a big play but to do it after every play is disgusting to me.

Edited by IU Scott

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I liked the college game when the players played and the coaches dealt with officials.  Just because things had changed doesn't mean for the better.  I think players should act like they have been their and done that.  You make a good play be excited but don't act like an idiot.  A guy hits a 3 in front of the other teams bench and turns around and says something to them drives me crazy.  I guess it is more important being stylish over substance.

Ok, Scott.. there is a line for everything. But, plenty of times officials just need to worry about doing their job better, because currently they aren't very good. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I liked the college game when the players played and the coaches dealt with officials.  Just because things had changed doesn't mean for the better.  I think players should act like they have been their and done that.  You make a good play be excited but don't act like an idiot.  A guy hits a 3 in front of the other teams bench and turns around and says something to them drives me crazy.  I guess it is more important being stylish over substance.

You probably couldn't stand Larry Byrd then 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Ok, Scott.. there is a line for everything. But, plenty of times officials just need to worry about doing their job better, because currently they aren't very good. 

I agree the officials are not good and in the college game they need to do something to improve how the game is officiated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I agree the officials are not good and in the college game they need to do something to improve how the game is officiated.

Then we agree. In HS there is no review, there is no appeal, and officials can't be held accountable because there flat out aren't very many of them. Its frustrating. I will say again, I've officiated plenty, as well.. so I do feel like I can offer a fairly unbias opinion here. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Then we agree. In HS there is no review, there is no appeal, and officials can't be held accountable because there flat out aren't very many of them. Its frustrating. I will say again, I've officiated plenty, as well.. so I do feel like I can offer a fairly unbias opinion here. 

I agree also the numbers are down extremely bad but I think celebrating a big dunk is a weak tech let them exchange a few words talk a little trash but keep it clean, no fights, none of that just let the boys be boys.

• Like 1