High School Hoops '21-'22

Brownstown on the road @ 16-6 Orleans tonight. Col North beat Center Grove last night. 

I liked CNs idea of scheduling their last game on TH. Gives you tonight to practice, tomorrow, and then Monday.... if you were to have a sectional game on that Tues, which CN has the bye this year. 

• Like 1

Big shout out to the 2022 1A Champions, the Lady Braves of Tecumseh HS!!

It was a tough game for them as the girls from Lafayette Central Catholic kept the game close thru 3 quarters. But the height advantage for the Lady Braves finally took its' toll as they went on a 11-0 run to start the 4th quarter. Despite poor free throw shooting by the Braves (10-22), they held on and won.

This game was a little personal for me as my daughter works for the Warrick Co. school corporation as a Teacher Curriculum leader for all of the schools in Warrick Co. For those that don't know where Tecumseh is, it is located in Lynnville. A small rural community in northern Warrick Co. and straddles I-64. This little school is usually competitive in most sports for a school of its size.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Big shout out to the 2022 1A Champions, the Lady Braves of Tecumseh HS!!

It was a tough game for them as the girls from Lafayette Central Catholic kept the game close thru 3 quarters. But the height advantage for the Lady Braves finally took its' toll as they went on a 11-0 run to start the 4th quarter. Despite poor free throw shooting by the Braves (10-22), they held on and won.

This game was a little personal for me as my daughter works for the Warrick Co. school corporation as a Teacher Curriculum leader for all of the schools in Warrick Co. For those that don't know where Tecumseh is, it is located in Lynnville. A small rural community in northern Warrick Co. and straddles I-64. This little school is usually competitive in most sports for a school of its size.

And now we await Forest Park!

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

And now we await Forest Park!

Make it 2 for 2 with the Lady Rangerettes winning the 2A championship by defeating Frankton in the state finals!! The girls from FP were 18-22 shooting FTs! My 91 year old mother in law said they need to teach the Hoosiers how to shoot them!! ☺️

IU needs to look at the girl from Forest Park, she stands 6'1"!! 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 9:13 AM, IUFLA said:

So just pouring over this thread I agree mostly with @IU Scott...

One class basketball and the lore it created had a charm that wasn't duplicated in any other state...

But, the world changes and I'm ok with that...

And I'm sure there have been some epic moments since Indiana went away from class basketball, but I haven't heard them...

Oh my...you've been away too long.  This is just one from the 3A final that started the Zeller dynasty at Washington High School...

Edit:  I see I wasn't the only one to reference this one.  Also, from my perspective, class basketball absolutely did not hurt attendance.  Attendance was headed down regardless.  Just a lot more competition for entertainment today and a lot more convenient ways to watch games.  If anything, class basketball is probably propping up attendance by making for more competitive games.  No one...and I mean no one besides Bobby Plump in the smaller classes has any interest in going back to single class.

Edited by FKIM01
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 1:50 PM, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Make it 2 for 2 with the Lady Rangerettes winning the 2A championship by defeating Frankton in the state finals!! The girls from FP were 18-22 shooting FTs! My 91 year old mother in law said they need to teach the Hoosiers how to shoot them!! ☺️

IU needs to look at the girl from Forest Park, she stands 6'1"!! 

While I live in southern Indiana, I admit I don't really follow these teams very close. But in our morning paper, (yes, we still take a newspaper 😄), was a nice article about both of the teams and I was not aware that both teams are members of the same conference, the PAC! Good for them

15 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

While I live in southern Indiana, I admit I don't really follow these teams very close. But in our morning paper, (yes, we still take a newspaper 😄), was a nice article about both of the teams and I was not aware that both teams are members of the same conference, the PAC! Good for them

I feel like Tecumseh only recently joined, right? 

Also.. Tecumseh, Boonville, and Castle are all in the same school district interestingly enough and I think that is part of the reason Boonville and Castle don't have turf. 

Edited by btownqb

Just speaking 3A here:

John Glenn and Mish Marian are #1 and #2 in the AP poll, they are in the same sectional. Marian is #1 in 3A in the Sag, and Glenn is about a 6.5pt dog against them on a neutral court (the sectional is at MM). John Glenn beat MM by 4 earlier in the year. 

Other then that, everyone seems to be spread out. Connersville (#10 in the AP and #2 in Sag) is in the same sectional and plays Greensburg first round. Greensburg is #12 in the AP and #16 in Sag. CV is an 8pt favorite in that game. 

Kaden Oliver (20ppg at Madison) 6'2 guard was just declared eligible at Silver Creek. Very happy for him. Good kid, good family. 

SC just became a force in that sectional with North Harrison. SC has two 20ppg guards now. Oliver and Brandon Northern. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I feel like Tecumseh only recently joined, right? 

Also.. Tecumseh, Boonville, and Castle are all in the same school district interestingly enough and I think that is part of the reason Boonville and Castle don't have turf. 

Tecumseh has been in the PAC for quite awhile. The most recent additions are Washington, Booneville, Mt.Vernon and Princeton in 2020 after the Big 8 broke up. 

Edited by mrflynn03