High School Hoops '21-'22

Loyer won a bad sectional. And neither could win the north.. which wasn't half as stacked as the south. 

Not that the south in 4A is good.. that's just the side of the state where more Indy schools are forced to play in the tourney. 

Anyways... Cathedral beat 9, 17, 22, 4, 29, 10, and 7 in the Sag to win a state title. 

Winning sectional 10 should carry serious weight

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Why? Comer had a much better supporting cast than either Smith or Loyer. I’d maybe even put Essegian over Comer. 

If Smith would have advanced deeper in the tourney or played a full season.. I would probably have him there. 

You do realize Comer won City POY in Indy, right? Essegian might not have been on an All City team. 

7 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Braden Smith meant more to his team in the state. That was obvious when he missed games this year. I heard multiple people say that his sectional performance likely won it for him.

That could be fair. I love his game, I've stated that multiple times. 

This is all simply my opinion.. I'm not an expert on any of them. 

The kid from Central Noble played the 189th ranked schedule in the state and was beaten by thoroughly by a good, but not fantastic Providence team. 

To have him over the Indy City POY and 4A state champ? Ok then

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Loyer won a bad sectional. And neither could win the north.. which wasn't half as stacked as the south. 

Not that the south in 4A is good.. that's just the side of the state where more Indy schools are forced to play in the tourney. 

Anyways... Cathedral beat 9, 17, 22, 4, 29, 10, and 7 in the Sag to win a state title. 

Winning sectional 10 should carry serious weight

Loyer didn’t win anything, nor did Comer, Essegian or Smith. Homestead, Cathedral, Central Noble and Westfield all won a ton of games though.

I strongly agree that of the four, Cathedral had the best team, the most talent. Because of that, Comer benefitted. Take him off Cathedral and you wouldn’t see as big of a drop off as you would with either Homestead or CN. Don’t know enough about Westfield to comment on them.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Loyer didn’t win anything, nor did Comer, Essegian or Smith. Homestead, Cathedral, Central Noble and Westfield all won a ton of games though.

I strongly agree that of the four, Cathedral had the best team, the most talent. Because of that, Comer benefitted. Take him off Cathedral and you wouldn’t see as big of a drop off as you would with either Homestead or CN. Don’t know enough about Westfield to comment on them.

I get that. About importance to his team. 

I'm sorry, but CE is a fair amount below the 3 we are discussing in terms of Indiana Mr Basketball. Level of competition with other qualified candidates, to me, puts him at 4. 

Westfield and Cathedral play unreal competition and Homesteads is very, very good. 

CE is average. Their strength of schedule is middle of the pack. Other three are Top 15. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I get that. About importance to his team. 

I'm sorry, but CE is a fair amount below the 3 we are discussing in terms of Indiana Mr Basketball. Level of competition with other qualified candidates, to me, puts him at 4. 

Westfield and Cathedral play unreal competition and Homesteads is very, very good. 

CE is average. Their strength of schedule is middle of the pack. Other three are Top 15. 

I agree regarding Essegian and am not advocating for him. I just don’t think it’s a slam dunk for Comer. Loyer is very deserving of the award, and showed it by earning the GPOY award.

6 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I agree regarding Essegian and am not advocating for him. I just don’t think it’s a slam dunk for Comer. Loyer is very deserving of the award, and showed it by earning the GPOY award.

It's certainly not a slam dunk. In my eyes, I can't look past city POY and 4A state champ. That's all. 

On 3/26/2022 at 8:05 PM, 5fouls said:

Only time I have been in a suite was a NHL game in Phoenix.  I don't even like hockey, but man that was nice.  It absolutely makes it a better experience. 

Got spoiled when I was selling Bankers Life Insurance for a few years. Suites to just about thing I wanted. Saw a few concerts, lots of Pacers games, The Big ten tourney from the suites. As Scott said earlier hard to watch from anywhere else outside of courtside. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Got spoiled when I was selling Bankers Life Insurance for a few years. Suites to just about thing I wanted. Saw a few concerts, lots of Pacers games, The Big ten tourney from the suites. As Scott said earlier hard to watch from anywhere else outside of courtside. 

Saturday for the first two games we had great seats where we were on the 7th row on one end but still wasn't like the suites

• Like 1