High School Hoops '21-'22

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

How can that be class basketballs fault? 

In Loyer's case, Homestead would have advanced further in the old system.  And what does advancing have to do with Mr. Basketball anyway.  IIRC, Jim Master didn't even make it out of the sectional.  I am sure there are plenty of other examples of others not making it out of regionals.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

3 of the 1st team All -Americans in college basketball didn’t make it out of the first weekend. 

Not sure of your point here. It’s a season long award, not a lose and your out tournament award.

If you're the best player in the state. Maybe you should advance further. 🤷‍♂️

• Confused 2

37 minutes ago, rico said:

In Loyer's case, Homestead would have advanced further in the old system.  And what does advancing have to do with Mr. Basketball anyway.  IIRC, Jim Master didn't even make it out of the sectional.  I am sure there are plenty of other examples of others not making it out of regionals.

Idk who Jim Master is. Yogi should have won it his SR, as well. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If you're the best player in the state. Maybe you should advance further. 🤷‍♂️

All the while I thought basketball was a team game.

A coach should know better.

Jim Masters was Mr. Basketball from FW Harding in the late 70’s-early 80’s I believe. Went on to play at Kentucky. May have been influenced by Kyle Macy, also originally from FW who ended up at UK

Fletcher Loyer declined an invite to be on Indiana All Stars? Will file that one in the brain for down the road. Josh McRoberts did that once and I remember the backlash he received.

Maybe Loyer has his reasons....or maybe just pissed his teammate got Mr. Indiana. Again...something to file in the brain. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Fletcher Loyer declined an invite to be on Indiana All Stars? Will file that one in the brain for down the road. Josh McRoberts did that once and I remember the backlash he received.

Maybe Loyer has his reasons....or maybe just pissed his teammate got Mr. Indiana. Again...something to file in the brain. 

Speaking of piss...piss on Loyer.  Unbelievable decision on his part.

Hey Fletch:

giphy.gif

Edited by rico
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

McRoberts was pissed that Luke Zeller beat him out for Mr. Basketball.  He was a little douche canoe about it and deserved the backlash he got.  Made some lame excuse about a back issue, but I guarantee his back would have been fine if he was named Mr. Basketball.

Has Loyer said anything about why he declined?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

We haven’t really heard any detail on our site about why he declined it. Who knows. I know him and Smith are friends so I wouldn’t think it’s anything that’ll linger. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

But the transplant was in the TOP 5 over the Indy City POY 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Loyer was better than Comer lol. Not really an argument. Be pissed at the 4th and 5th place guys not the guy who came in 2nd who wasn’t far behind Smith. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

McRoberts was pissed that Luke Zeller beat him out for Mr. Basketball.  He was a little douche canoe about it and deserved the backlash he got.  Made some lame excuse about a back issue, but I guarantee his back would have been fine if he was named Mr. Basketball.

Has Loyer said anything about why he declined?

McRoberts had every right to be pissed lol. 

Nothing from Loyer yet but I’ll let you guys know if I hear anything. 

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Loyer was better than Comer lol. Not really an argument. Be pissed at the 4th and 5th place guys not the guy who came in 2nd who wasn’t far behind Smith. 

There's zero 0% of me pissed.  

There's zero 0% of me that would have Comer behind Loyer. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Wow….guess a kid from out of state doesn’t understand the honor and importance us “Hoosiers” put on representing Indiana HS basketball. Maybe someone will talk to him and he will figure out the enjoyment and honor of representing the people of Indiana in its most prestigious pastime.