High School Hoops '21-'22

On 5/24/2022 at 7:39 PM, Seeking6 said:

Sherron Wilkerson named new coach at Jeffersonville. So happy for him. Spent a fair amount of time with him at IU....just glad the local kid is working his way up the ranks.

On 5/24/2022 at 7:41 PM, JcityHoosier said:

Sherron will do awesome...very excited about it

I say it's 50/50 on this going well or very, very wrong.

Jeffersonville has been eating coaches and spitting them out lately.  Combined with Sherron's lackluster results at his previous stops and the community goodwill for the homerown guy could easily wear off in 2-3 years.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I say it's 50/50 on this going well or very, very wrong.

Jeffersonville has been eating coaches and spitting them out lately.  Combined with Sherron's lackluster results at his previous stops and the community goodwill for the homerown guy could easily wear off in 2-3 years.

No disrespect to the previous jobs that Sherron has had....but he hasn't had the athletes that he will have now pretty much every year....big thing about the Jeff job is that you have to have a coach that the kids respect or else they'll check out on you pretty quick 

• 2 weeks later...

I will say... Sherron can flat out coach. And the way he coaches, the style, I love.  

His guys pressure the holy grail out of the ball, and he did that at Madison. It will be amplified by 100 with the Jeff athletes. 

I have no clue if it'll work, but.. he's their best shot. 

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Nice article in the FW Journal Gazette on Matt Roth taking over at Blackhawk Christian.

Unfortunately, you have to pay for access. 

I was able to read the article.  There is a pop up at the start but you can click the x and it goes away.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Nice article in the FW Journal Gazette on Matt Roth taking over at Blackhawk Christian.

Unfortunately, you have to pay for access. 

Good read!   TY

https://www.journalgazette.net/sports/high-schools/roth-ready-to-lead-blackhawk/article_bdd38716-e5ca-11ec-9cc8-d326102cb9fa.html

Edited by rico
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

I'm still amazed at how little CJ Gunn gets talked about. JHS and Malik rightfully so get the headlines. The one thing us fans have been begging for is a shooter and yet somehow he continues to get overlooked. 

I have no clue how Coach Woodson is going to evolve our program into more NBA like....but we see it in NBA. Shooter comes off the bench while starters rest and he pumps in a few quick shots. Almost like Poole (Warriors) or White (Celtics) do. 

May not happen next year because we have so many players....but I could see JHS driving and dishing to an open Gunn often the following year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Will be interesting with JHS & Gunn coming in how much TG & Leal play?

And hold on.. Gunn is closer to a RS, than he is playing important mins, next year. Gunn vs Leal... yeah technically they could be competing for "mins"... which I think... "come in at the end of the half because all of your wings are in foul trouble, need 30 secs for someone to play".... that type of role would he hard for Gunn to unseat Leal of NEXT year. 

I have zero expectation for Gunn next year. I have massive hopes for him 2-3 years from now. KYs roster wouldn't win the MIC. 

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 8:56 PM, BGleas said:

Curious why you're grouping TG with Leal there? TG is already a major rotation player and was one of IU's most important players last year?

Agree leal is just getting his degree and moving on 

If TG shoots poorly again maybe Gunn starts getting more minutes 

On 6/11/2022 at 7:56 PM, BGleas said:

Curious why you're grouping TG with Leal there? TG is already a major rotation player and was one of IU's most important players last year?

What does this post have to do with NBA refs making bad calls against the Celtics? 

(Inside joke, most will get it.)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Madison22 said:

What does this post have to do with NBA refs making bad calls against the Celtics? 

(Inside joke, most will get it.)

I'm actually speaking into existence a future state where TG improves his shooting so much that the Celtics sign him to a 2-way contract. 

Then after some impressive performances for the Maine Celtics, he gets a call-up and as we all know the refs will completely ignore the fouls being committed against him in mop-up duty. 

That is what it has to do with the Celtics getting screwed by the refs!