UNC

I'm sure other schools will follow suit shortly.  UNC just gave them a nice template to follow.

This nicest aspect about this is that they can use UNC's trademarks in their NIL deal.  For the first time in my life we might actually see authentic jerseys sold with current players' names on them.

The UNC program is different than some of the headlines imply.  The agreement only involves players that want to use the UNC logo/trademarks. Participation in the logo/trademark “group program” is voluntary and does not inhibit any player from also cutting their own individual NIL deals. A player can chose to be in the group program and also have their own individual side deals (not using the school trademarks/logos) I’m guessing this will help the entire UNC basketball team, as an example, make some cash while the stars will also cut individual deals for big money.
It’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out. How long will it take for coaches to bring NIL per player data on the recruiting trail? Some uber  rich guy like Cook might guarantee 4-5-6k (pick a number) in NIL deals for every basketball commit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IU878176 said:

The UNC program is different than some of the headlines imply.  The agreement only involves players that want to use the UNC logo/trademarks. Participation in the logo/trademark “group program” is voluntary and does not inhibit any player from also cutting their own individual NIL deals. A player can chose to be in the group program and also have their own individual side deals (not using the school trademarks/logos) I’m guessing this will help the entire UNC basketball team, as an example, make some cash while the stars will also cut individual deals for big money.
It’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out. How long will it take for coaches to bring NIL per player data on the recruiting trail? Some uber  rich guy like Cook might guarantee 4-5-6k (pick a number) in NIL deals for every basketball commit.

Thats the exact reason the Saban threw out to the Texas high school coaches that the QB that has not thrown a pass for Bama will bring in 6 figures.