2022 PF Malik Reneau Commits to INDIANA!!!

1 hour ago, Hoosier987 said:

Maybe now…however he’s 6’7. No reason not to think Woody wouldn’t expand his game. 

Rivals and 247 have him bigger.  6'9' 225 and 6'8" 210.  He looked bigger than 6'7".  Looks like mostly low post as noted above.  Nothing mentioned about shooting.  So probably not a stretch 4 at this time.  So you likely right he would need to expand his game.

14 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

That’s a great comparison, and I’ll take a left handed Daryl Thomas all day long! 😄

Not saying that I wouldn't like having this young man, but he isn't as athletic as I would like.  I'm all for a four out on the perimeter and one big down inside.  The perimeter guys have to be playmakers and confident shooters/ball handlers.  If he's 6-8, then I guess that's big enough to be down inside, but I'd prefer someone bigger.

Edited by jv1972iu

3 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Not saying that I wouldn't like having this young man, but he isn't as athletic as I would like.  I'm all for a four out on the perimeter and one big down inside.  The perimeter guys have to be playmakers and confident shooters/ball handlers.  If he's 6-8, then I guess that's big enough to be down inside, but I'd prefer someone bigger.

In today’s college game, if your 4 out players are good enough 6-8 to 6-9 down low will get it done.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, btownqb said:

Easily

I've felt the same way then you look at the final four this year and UNC was a big team and Villanova got beat in the paint by McCormack. Villanova never has that big guy in side and has one though.  I think there's still an argument to be bad for the "traditional" line-up. However to your point the 4 position needs to be able to stretch the floor. 

2 hours ago, ba43056 said:

I've felt the same way then you look at the final four this year and UNC was a big team and Villanova got beat in the paint by McCormack. Villanova never has that big guy in side and has one though.  I think there's still an argument to be bad for the "traditional" line-up. However to your point the 4 position needs to be able to stretch the floor. 

UNC isn’t really big. Bacot is listed at 6’10” but I’d guess that’s a stretch. He’s a big wide body but not crazy height there. I k is Manek is 6’9” but basically has no inside presence. I think that is where Mike wants to be with his offense. 

Have a 6’8” or 6’9” kid that can shoot at the 4. Then have a 6’10” kid in the paint that can bang and score a few baskets. You don’t have to have a 7 footer to compete

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gnet550 said:

UNC isn’t really big. Bacot is listed at 6’10” but I’d guess that’s a stretch. He’s a big wide body but not crazy height there. I k is Manek is 6’9” but basically has no inside presence. I think that is where Mike wants to be with his offense. 

Have a 6’8” or 6’9” kid that can shoot at the 4. Then have a 6’10” kid in the paint that can bang and score a few baskets. You don’t have to have a 7 footer to compete

Playmakers and shooters are the key elements, imo.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KDB said:

Interesting. That lists IU, Georgia, and FSU as the schools to watch.. no Miami.

I think the FSU is a typo, because it later says this: "He’s originally from South Florida, and Miami was one of his finalists when he committed the first time."

FSU is not south Florida.

• Like 2