2022 PF Malik Reneau Commits to INDIANA!!!

13 minutes ago, Bustout said:

One thing I’ll always wonder about Archie is, would things be different had he not had big men be the focus of his offense?   He had success at Dayton with not many big men.  

At IU, he had Morgan which he inherited.  He had a broken Romeo for a year and then TJD.  I feel, had TJD not been from Indiana, he wouldn’t have recruited him that much.  College b-ball is so guard focused obviously and he had success with guard heavy teams.  

now, you can equally argue that if you can’t win with an all American big man, you probably shouldn’t be coaching IU.   But I’ll always wonder, if he had more guard focused teams, opposed to the big man he ultimately had on his roster (which is his doing anyway), if he would’ve had more success.  He made his own bed, but seems he may have changed his ways a bit at IU. 

His last team at IU was with a big man TJD and he won 12 games, but that same big man under Coach Woodson won 21. Yes there was player movement and X by the end of the season was a nice improvement but give me Franklin and Al time at IU over Stewart and Kopps any day. Until he proves otherwise Miller is a good Mid-Major but has a long ways to go to show that he can win at a Power 5 school.

Edited by Hoosier51

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Supposedly their was cheering this morning at breakfast according to BTB

Either they really liked the food being served or maybe good news coming. 😁

Getting Reneau would be a nice boost for the Hoosiers.

Edited by Hoosier51

What I expect from Woody:   I’m going to always keep it real with you, Malik.  I love your game and how you play.   But my job as a coach is to get you better.   That’s what we will do here.  I don’t know if Trayce will come back.  That’s an unknown. Race will be here.  But I will tell you this, YOU ARE GOING TO GET BETTER HERE.   If those two guys are back, they will teach you in practice, day to day.  You will learn the little things and what you will need to do to get better.  You will know what it takes.  Whether Trayce is here or not, I expect you to earn minutes.  Every minute here is earned, you understand. You are a bit of a below the rim, old school, player, and I appreciate that.  I had a guy in Julius Randle who has that game and I was a big part of developing him into an all star.  We will get him on the phone.   By the time you are a sophomore, you will be our number one big man, and you will have learned and developed here.  And let’s talk about what it means to play at IU in terms of alumni networks and especially the NIL….

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

No, he wasn’t. Didn’t coach defense. Could not bring in the state’s best. Romeo would have never come to IU had Crean remained in charge

Ok but one big difference though is that Crean has shown he can win at a Power 5 level and Archie hasn't.

• Like 2

If IU would happen to get Reneau you would have to think with two of his teammates already on the Hoosiers that would make them one of the early favorites to get Kwame Evans. 👍

Having a connection with Montverde would be big for the future of IU with the players they usually end up having.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Or just don't read it, it was just a couple of post with people talking respectfully back and forth. Almost every single thread on these forums and most every forum get sidetracked a little bit.

Not to mention, some of the other boards are just super toxic.   It’s slower times right now … off-season … we’re just chatting it up a bit 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Not to mention, some of the other boards are just super toxic.   It’s slower times right now … off-season … we’re just chatting it up a bit 

You quoted me right when I was deleting my post, perfect timing lol. I didn't feel like getting in a back and forth with him about the merits of sidetracking threads. 😁

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

You quoted me right when I was deleting my post, perfect timing lol. I didn't feel like getting in a back and forth with him about the merits of sidetracking threads. 😁

Haven't we shut the server down multiple times from the amount of people on this website in 2022? 🤔

Quite a few are coming back, I'd say.

Back to Malik-- glad we are getting the first visit in the spring. This is an accelerated timeline, and I believe that greatly benefits us... if we made a big time impression this weekend. 

• Like 8

According to reports, the Monteverde coach also came with Malik and JHS on the visit. I hope Woody got some quality time with him to talk and try and further that relationship!

Would be nice to know if they got a chance to sit down together while Malik and JHS were checking out the campus with the Assistant coaches.

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, Iuprof said:

According to reports, the Monteverde coach also came with Malik and JHS on the visit. I hope Woody got some quality time with him to talk and try and further that relationship!

Would be nice to know if they got a chance to sit down together while Malik and JHS were checking out the campus with the Assistant coaches.

No major inside info, but there's no doubt the coaches had some time together. Mutually beneficial. The Monteverde coach wouldn't travel to B-Town without some 1:1 time with CMW. 

• Like 5

In the end, if Malik decides to go elsewhere, the foundation has been set for IU and Monteverde.  JHS committing to IU will have a bigger affect down the road than should Malik choose IU.  

I do think right now we are the leader for Malik(no insider info here), just going off what's taken place over the weekend.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, PNWHoosier said:

No major inside info, but there's no doubt the coaches had some time together. Mutually beneficial. The Monteverde coach wouldn't travel to B-Town without some 1:1 time with CMW. 

For anyone curious, here are a couple of links giving background on Monteverde’s coach.  

https://mvasports.com/staff-directory/kevin-boyle/3

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2754814-coach-kevin-boyle-keeps-producing-a-never-ending-stream-of-top-nba-draft-picks.amp.html