2022 PF Malik Reneau Commits to INDIANA!!!

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Glad he has that length because he'd get beat of the dribble every play. He can't play on the perimeter at all at this point in time - we've seen two different coach staffs arrive at that conclusion, and both needed help on the wing. 

for as athletic as he can be, he sure does struggle at getting beat at the first step

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

"Woody won't be able to recruit or connect to this generation." said a bunch of losers last year 😘

Anyone that said that doesn’t know Mike Woodson. If anything, that’s his best skill: connecting with people. There’s a long list of people from past, present and future generations that respect the hell out of Woody, and you don’t get to that point without knowing how to connect with people. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Having a trio of TJD, Race and Malik would be one of the best frontcourts with a replacement off the bench in the Big Ten.  Sure our guards need to shoot better overall, X improved down the stretch, Kopp can shoot he's very sporadic.  Malik > Logan D. IMO  

On paper, it's looking pretty good.  Malik definitely seems better than Logan but only basing that on rankings as I haven't seen either play.

For this year, this just makes us better where we were already strong.  What we really need is for JHS to be all that and Bates to have his sophomore jump.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

When was the the last time IU landed two 5 star prospects in the same class?

14 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Too f’ing long. 

The answer to this is….in the “Star” era….never. The last time we had  commitments from two 5 star players was 2004: DJ White and Josh Smith, but Smith never made it to campus. 

So congratulations Woody….this is theoretically THE best recruiting class in the past 23 years at Indiana. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

The question I ask is - if a current player decides they can't stay on the team if IU adds a great player, does IU really need them? Another question would be, what Power 5 conference team will you transfer to where you can just step in and be a starter getting lots of minutes with no competition for other great recruits if you don't think you can compete at IU?

Which P5 teams could TJD transfer to and be an immediate starter? I’d say at least 75% of them. Marquee P5 teams….different story. But TJD would start in a heartbeat at Oregon State, Northwestern, Mississippi State, etc etc. 

4 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Great addition. Congrats to Malik and his family. Congrats to CMW and the staff for another big time recruiting accomplishment.

The funny thing is, when other programs land a top level recruit they don't seem too worried about who that may impact and cause to leave. I never read anything from Duke, Kansas, UNC, etc. fretting over who may decide to leave if they add another five star recruit. 

The question I ask is - if a current player decides they can't stay on the team if IU adds a great player, does IU really need them? Another question would be, what Power 5 conference team will you transfer to where you can just step in and be a starter getting lots of minutes with no competition for other great recruits if you don't think you can compete at IU?

Such a great point. If someone wants to leave because they don't have a clear path to minutes here, let them. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

so does anyone have a player comparison? 

In our 4 out, 1 in offense that we are supposedly trying to move towards, is he definitely going to be the 1 in?

2 Players in the Big 10. I think he's a lot like Julius Marble of MSU at this point, with the ceiling to go higher...Better hands, and I think he can be just as good as a defender...And he has the footwork and soft touch of a Zed Key of Ohio State, but is not as stocky, and more athletic...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3