2022 PF Malik Reneau Commits to INDIANA!!!

8 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Whoa, taking a lunch break at work and wasn't expecting this!  Great news!  Really great!

LOL at you, thought HSN was most of the posters on this board's job?

Totally agree with you, definitely took the Monday out of Monday!

Edited by Coach Robby
  • Haha 2

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

Wait a second....Woody is 64 years old and never coached in college.  I thought he was a terrible hire, that IU can't get anything right, and Woody can't recruit?  Where are the Jeff Goodman's, the fans of other conference teams who were slapping their knees, and others, who assured us of all of that?

They were warned last year...

The Sleeping Giant has awakened... ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Great addition. Congrats to Malik and his family. Congrats to CMW and the staff for another big time recruiting accomplishment.

The funny thing is, when other programs land a top level recruit they don't seem too worried about who that may impact and cause to leave. I never read anything from Duke, Kansas, UNC, etc. fretting over who may decide to leave if they add another five star recruit. 

The question I ask is - if a current player decides they can't stay on the team if IU adds a great player, does IU really need them? Another question would be, what Power 5 conference team will you transfer to where you can just step in and be a starter getting lots of minutes with no competition for other great recruits if you don't think you can compete at IU?

If Dexter Dennis comes then we are over signed by one if TJD comes back. That’s only reason someone would leave.

• Like 2

At 6'8" and 215lbs, I don't see Malik playing much at the 5 this coming year. In addition to being undersized, Big 10 refs aren't too kind to freshman and Bigs take longer to get comfortable and develop. I hope he can get 10 minutes a game to develop and be ready to take another step forward his soph year. 

24 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Which P5 teams could TJD transfer to and be an immediate starter? I’d say at least 75% of them. Marquee P5 teams….different story. But TJD would start in a heartbeat at Oregon State, Northwestern, Mississippi State, etc etc. 

There are 358 d 1 teams.  25% makes up 89.  No offense but could this entire board come up with just 8 or 9 teams that Trayce wouldn't start for?  North Carolina with Bacot.  After that it's truly wide open for debate.  

Maybe I misread what you are saying?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Reacher said:

At 6'8" and 215lbs, I don't see Malik playing much at the 5 this coming year. In addition to being undersized, Big 10 refs aren't too kind to freshman and Bigs take longer to get comfortable and develop. I hope he can get 10 minutes a game to develop and be ready to take another step forward his soph year. 

This all hinges on if TJD comes back. 

I will say that to your point about size: Malik seems to be a 5 star player who will stay here for a while, potentially 3-4 years. This makes him even more valuable as a college player. He can be a force in college, but appears undersized for his position and skillset in the NBA. Perhaps we can call this the 'Yogi' or the 'Trayce' effect. 

disclaimer - I'm no scout; I've just read scouting reports that say he's a 'below the rim, back to the basket player'.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

The answer to this is….in the “Star” era….never. The last time we had  commitments from two 5 star players was 2004: DJ White and Josh Smith, but Smith never made it to campus. 

So congratulations Woody….this is theoretically THE best recruiting class in the past 23 years at Indiana. 

Weren't Hanner and Yogi both 5 stars? 

• Like 1