2022 PF Malik Reneau Commits to INDIANA!!!

2 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

It was an instant bond as soon as I stepped on campus with the coaches and players, and their playing style was just the right fit for me,” Reneau told The Daily Hoosier on Monday afternoon.  “It just clicked instantly.  I knew I didn’t have to take any more visits.”

I’m sure JHS set the table just right for this. Talked IU up fairly well, but just enough to where the real experience still seemed better. 

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Which P5 teams could TJD transfer to and be an immediate starter? I’d say at least 75% of them. Marquee P5 teams….different story. But TJD would start in a heartbeat at Oregon State, Northwestern, Mississippi State, etc etc. 

I don't think TJD would worry if IU added three more 5 star recruits. I'm referring to those mentioned previously by others as possibly leaving because of MR committing.  Specifically, Duncomb and JG.  If adding a five star scares you and you think transferring is the best option for playing time, it will likely be to a lower rung team.

1 hour ago, iuswingman said:

It will depend on the guards and being able to shoot.

If TJD returns, I'm not sure this moves the needle much this coming year.   We aren't starting TJD, Race AND Reneau so this would provide some nice depth.  It will be hard to keep them all happy if we just have 1 big in at a time though.

If TJD doesn't return, then it's much needed depth (assuming we stick with 1 big (Race or Reneau). 

This moves the needle even if TJD comes back. TJD wont have to play 38 mins a game. Every game I have watched, Reneau was the best player on the court every time. The best player to come to IU in a long, long time, maybe 25 years.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

This moves the needle even if TJD comes back. TJD wont have to play 38 mins a game. Every game I have watched, Reneau was the best player on the court every time. The best player to come to IU in a long, long time, maybe 25 years.

Better than Eric Gordon?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Why? I don’t troll on here. 

No but you do have more posts then 90 percent of people here so saying it’s pathetic someone from another team goes to another board is a bit hypocritical. 

3 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Better than JHS Romeo or Gordon who was the best player I’ve seen at IU…

Only recruiting mind you but the last time I was this jacked about multiple guys on a team was Yogi/Cody and DJ White with Josh Smith....obviously the latter never came.

Bigger thing to me is that in 1 year. Woodson and his reputation marched into Montverde and took 2 of the top high school players in the country. 1 year. Man.....Woodson rep behind the scenes has to be bigger than I can ever imagine. 

Montverde can just be called Lake Monroe South moving forward. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Reacher said:

At 6'8" and 215lbs, I don't see Malik playing much at the 5 this coming year. In addition to being undersized, Big 10 refs aren't too kind to freshman and Bigs take longer to get comfortable and develop. I hope he can get 10 minutes a game to develop and be ready to take another step forward his soph year. 

Go watch some of their games and come back.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Indykev said:

This moves the needle even if TJD comes back. TJD wont have to play 38 mins a game.

This. Trayce filled a huge void by simply not sitting much. We need a 3rd legitimate big guy more than people think. To start the year, Trayce's defense was outstanding. He was all over the place. That went away later in the year, and you can't blame him. He had to be completely gassed.

And you know he was trying to avoid fouls.... Because there was a reason he was playing nearly the whole game.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

No but you do have more posts then 90 percent of people here so saying it’s pathetic someone from another team goes to another board is a bit hypocritical. 

Better than JHS Romeo or Gordon who was the best player I’ve seen at IU…

Better than JHS AND Romeo, right there with Gordon and DJ, imo.

• Like 1