2022 PF Malik Reneau Commits to INDIANA!!!

42 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

this is super exciting!  i think it has to mean TJD or JG are not coming back.  my thought is TJD bc it's hard to see Reneau not starting.  either way, such an exciting talent boost!  

I know absolutely nothing, but curious if Kopp would be Creaned?  Also - highly doubtful, but would Leal consider a place like Ball State where he’d actually play?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

this is super exciting!  i think it has to mean TJD or JG are not coming back.  my thought is TJD bc it's hard to see Reneau not starting.  either way, such an exciting talent boost!  

I think this Has nothing to do with either TJD or JG coming back or leaving . Now, get a commitment from Dennis or McNeil and THAT would most likely mean someone from last year is not here this year.

46 minutes ago, Bustout said:

I know absolutely nothing, but curious if Kopp would be Creaned?  Also - highly doubtful, but would Leal consider a place like Ball State where he’d actually play?

i don't see Kopp getting pushed out.  i wouldn't even want that.  i just wish he would come off the bench.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

His Assistant Coach did an article with ITH in the last hour. What I read is a kid who has played against high level competition for minutes the last couple years, been a part of title winning teams....and has no problem with whatever his role his. He's there to win. One other thing I read was high IQ. Ability to retain and react quickly in many different sets. 

okay, but honestly, what do we expect him to ay in public?  he can't really say, i expect to start day one because i am a 5 star recruit and IU hasn't been very good.  

• Like 1

This might be the thing that pushes Race to the bench, too.

I think MR is much more likely to push out Race than JG is because as mentioned… footwork, skill, and hands. 

Edited by KoB2011

15 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

okay, but honestly, what do we expect him to ay in public?  he can't really say, i expect to start day one because i am a 5 star recruit and IU hasn't been very good.  

If starting and playing time were most important to him, he would have just followed Mike White to GA. Lots of minutes available there

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, WRSMick55 said:

I think this Has nothing to do with either TJD or JG coming back or leaving . Now, get a commitment from Dennis or McNeil and THAT would most likely mean someone from last year is not here this year.

Dennis was on campus today. McNeil is coming this weekend. Woody is still actively recruiting, so he has a departure in mind.

I have a hard time believing he kicks somebody to the curb this late in the transfer process. Nobody wants to hear it, but all signs point to TJD.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Dennis was on campus today. McNeil is coming this weekend. Woody is still actively recruiting, so he has a departure in mind.

I have a hard time believing he kicks somebody to the curb this late in the transfer process. Nobody wants to hear it, but all signs point to TJD.

I have a hard time believing a guy that spent so long in the NBA wouldn’t make the best decision to win basketball games. I think he is willing to move on from a few guys if it means we are winning conferences and making deep runs. 

Not saying I think TJD is for sure back, but I think coach is trying to upgrade us at the wing regardless of that. 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bustout said:

All due respect, Bustout….I definitely don’t like talk of pushing a hometown player like Leal out. Leal loves IU and has stated the fact. I get that this is a message board with the freedom of opinion, but as far as I’m concerned he’s a lock to graduate a Hoosier! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I have a hard time believing a guy that spent so long in the NBA wouldn’t make the best decision to win basketball games. I think he is willing to move on from a few guys if it means we are winning conferences and making deep runs. 

Not saying I think TJD is for sure back, but I think coach is trying to upgrade us at the wing regardless of that. 

It’s more so the timing of it. If he wanted to let some go like Logan (lowest guy on the totem pole) in the name of winning, he would’ve done it much earlier. It’s just unethical to release a kid from their scholarship right before the transfer portal closes. 

….I guess we’ll see. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

All due respect, Bustout….I definitely don’t like talk of pushing a hometown player like Leal out. Leal loves IU and has stated the fact. I get that this is a message board with the freedom of opinion, but as far as I’m concerned he’s a lock to graduate a Hoosier! 

I wouldn’t want either he or Kopp to leave.  I could see Kopp getting Creaned and Leal, IF he actually wanted to play, leaving on his own merit.   He’s going to consistently get recruited over.  We all love these kids - but Coach Woodson wants a banner and if it means improving his roster, he’ll do it when/where he can.  It’s the nature of this. 

13 minutes ago, Bustout said:

I wouldn’t want either he or Kopp to leave.  I could see Kopp getting Creaned and Leal, IF he actually wanted to play, leaving on his own merit.   He’s going to consistently get recruited over.  We all love these kids - but Coach Woodson wants a banner and if it means improving his roster, he’ll do it when/where he can.  It’s the nature of this. 

What I am saying is Leal will be a Hoosier no matter what! He may not get the minutes he would like, but as long as he’s helping IU get better, wearing those beautiful candy stripes and earning the respect of Coach Woodson, it’s a wrap! He bleeds cream and crimson……There’s not too many of those types of player around anymore!🤩

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

It’s more so the timing of it. If he wanted to let some go like Logan (lowest guy on the totem pole) in the name of winning, he would’ve done it much earlier. It’s just unethical to release a kid from their scholarship right before the transfer portal closes. 

….I guess we’ll see. 

Maybe someone is willing to pay their way. TJD make good NIL money. Maybe he has already said if I come back and we are out of scholarships I will pay it maybe somebody else has already agreed. It is really not important because I’m sure the staff has a plan and it will all work k out fine. We need to keep upgrading talent. That is what UK Duke MSU Kansas and all the other top programs do. They are continually looking to upgrade

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

Maybe someone is willing to pay their way. TJD make good NIL money. Maybe he has already said if I come back and we are out of scholarships I will pay it maybe somebody else has already agreed.

I'd say it's unlikely, but not out of the realm of possibilities.  Big NIL deals will continue to change the college athletic landscape in ways we've yet to imagine.

Well, if he wanted to start an almost cult level following from day one, he should say;

"Malik Reneau is here to win whether starting or coming off the bench"!