2022 PF Malik Reneau Commits to INDIANA!!!

2 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

First, these type of ‘strings’ can not be tied to a NIL deal. 

Second, this is a total long shot. (Insert: ‘so you’re telling me there’s a chance’ meme)

Thirdly, if using NIL money to pay for tuition is going to happen, look for the NCAA to close that loophole quickly. 

I think we are all trying to convince ourselves of a scenario we want to happen because it’s technically possible, but is not realistic at all. Seriously, there’s probably a 1% chance of TJD using his NIL money to pay for tuition. 

Probably so...but what if you are a guy that has no NIL money coming in anyway?  I know you can't tie it to this or that and blah, blah but these are the types of loopholes that other programs look to exploit. 

We have a bunch of guys that barely have any NIL money rolling in.  "Hey, player X, would really help the team if TJD came back, we are out of scholarships, but off the record, say I got you an NIL deal to cover all your expenses with some extra spending cash, would you be cool with being a 'walk on' for a year?"

Sure, it is just mindless speculation, but if I am player X I probably say sure.  Who cares where the money comes from?  And yeah, I know the likelihood of this occurring is slim to none, but why not?  From the letter of the law it is completely legal, why not exploit it.

13 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

I guess you didn’t read what I wrote.

Uk & ku & Duke all cheated…. Some for 50+ years 

RMK never cheated….besides Sampson & Romeo it’s hard to tarnish IU  with cheating allegations 

What allegations were there with Romeo?

5 hours ago, Reacher said:

I get that he can score down low against length. Am more concerned about his D. @btownqb reports rivals listing him at 6'9" and 225 which makes me feel better. Add 5-10 lbs and physically he will match up ok. He will still be a freshman. 

He can guard multi spots and protect the rim. Will be a double double machine.

Edited by Indykev
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Gotta love the Purdue fans on an IU board accusing IU of cheating.  SMH

Lighten up Francis 

I just pointed out DD had talked about it.  
compare Sampson with Self 

At least IU took responsibility and cleaned house…..KU gave Self a lifetime contract 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Fundamentals said:

You’re calling one of our tenured posters Francis?  So much swag for no reason.  Mods?

I can't believe I'm doing this (defending a Turdue grad) but @Purdue7 is about as fair as you can get for a fan of a rival.  In fact, if all fans were as even-handed as Purdue7, it would be hard to maintain a fierce rivalry.  Not to worry...mega-douches like twindegrees and abugabby keep the fires stoked quite nicely.

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Lighten up Francis 

I just pointed out DD had talked about it.  
compare Sampson with Self 

At least IU took responsibility and cleaned house…..KU gave Self a lifetime contract 

I’m not sure I’m the one who needs to lighten up, again I thought this was an IU board.  So sick of seeing Purdue garbage on here.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

DD used to talk about it.

nothing ever stuck…just a little smoke 

Duke, UK and Kansas are 🔥 

32 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Adidas gave Romeo's dad money for his AAU team and DD called it cheating while always calling Romeo the shoe guy. Just DD being his dick self.

Thanks. I vaguely remember that now. I don’t think I’d call it a black eye on IU. 

2 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Love this commitment and I think this is a sign of things to come. Helps establish good pipelines with prep schools, but also lets everyone know nationally that IU can recruit again. 
Welcome aboard Malik, thrilled to have you as a Hoosier!

Hey, hi are ya, new guy?   😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Probably so...but what if you are a guy that has no NIL money coming in anyway?  I know you can't tie it to this or that and blah, blah but these are the types of loopholes that other programs look to exploit. 

We have a bunch of guys that barely have any NIL money rolling in.  "Hey, player X, would really help the team if TJD came back, we are out of scholarships, but off the record, say I got you an NIL deal to cover all your expenses with some extra spending cash, would you be cool with being a 'walk on' for a year?"

Sure, it is just mindless speculation, but if I am player X I probably say sure.  Who cares where the money comes from?  And yeah, I know the likelihood of this occurring is slim to none, but why not?  From the letter of the law it is completely legal, why not exploit it.

Just a question for you or anyone. I remember when Cody left after year 2 he was only 35 credits shy of graduating because he had AP credits from high school and took full loads in summer as well. I think Victor was almost done as well.

TJD as we know is great in academics too. Bringing in credits from CG and 3 years of course work (15 hour semesters) plus a summer class or 4 ...he could be very close to the 120 that most majors require at IU. I say all of that to ask this. Maybe he's only taking a class or two next year? Would that require him to be on full scholarship? Just curious how that works. My neighbors kid is almost done at IU this spring in year 3....but she's going back for a year of fun because Covid stuff screwed up her first two year. 

Edited by Seeking6

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a question for you or anyone. I remember when Cody left after year 2 he was only 35 credits shy of graduating because he had AP credits from high school and took full loads in summer as well. I think Victor was almost done as well.

TJD as we know is great in academics too. Bringing in credits from CG and 3 years of course work (15 hour semesters) plus a summer class or 4 ...he could be very close to the 120 that most majors require at IU. I say all of that to ask this. Maybe he's only taking a class or two next year? Would that require him to be on full scholarship? Just curious how that works. My neighbors kid is almost done at IU this spring in year 3....but she's going back for a year of fun because Covid stuff screwed up her first two year. 

I have no idea on that, but I would assume that NCAA rules would be that you have to be considered a full time student which IIRC is at least 12 credits a semester at IU.

• Like 1