2022 PF Malik Reneau Commits to INDIANA!!!

On 4/15/2022 at 11:36 PM, WRSMick55 said:

This is where I want that current available spot to go. Saw him on tv recently; very good rebounder and knows how to score inside. IU could use that as I’ve seen too many missed shots up close. Plus can’t hurt on Evans next year if two teammates are already here.

Boom baby!! 

7 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

top 25 team if TJD doesn't return, should he return?  top 15 team imo

It will depend on the guards and being able to shoot.

If TJD returns, I'm not sure this moves the needle much this coming year.   We aren't starting TJD, Race AND Reneau so this would provide some nice depth.  It will be hard to keep them all happy if we just have 1 big in at a time though.

If TJD doesn't return, then it's much needed depth (assuming we stick with 1 big (Race or Reneau). 

Edited by iuswingman

1 minute ago, iuswingman said:

It will depend on the guards and being able to shoot.

If TJD returns, I'm not sure this moves the needle much this coming year.   We aren't starting TJD, Race AND Reneau so this would provide some nice depth.

If TJD doesn't return, then this is much needed depth. 

Having a trio of TJD, Race and Malik would be one of the best frontcourts with a replacement off the bench in the Big Ten.  Sure our guards need to shoot better overall, X improved down the stretch, Kopp can shoot he's very sporadic.  Malik > Logan D. IMO  

2 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

NICE! Looks like JHS was the one who spilled the beans after all. 

Looks like Woodson can recruit after all. 

Someone on Twitter over the weekend tweeted out Mike the closet Woodson or something along those lines so I was hoping it was in reference to Malik. I watched him play and he wasn’t overly athletic but he’s also top 25 for a reason so I trust our coaching staff to develop him.m to become athletic. 

1 minute ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Having a trio of TJD, Race and Malik would be one of the best frontcourts with a replacement off the bench in the Big Ten.  Sure our guards need to shoot better overall, X improved down the stretch, Kopp can shoot he's very sporadic.  Malik > Logan D. IMO  

I think this makes either JG or Logan leave.

Just now, dwtaylor1055 said:

Sure.  For length at the 3, he can cover ground if he gets behind or beat.  At the 5, he has the strength and length to battle

Glad he has that length because he'd get beat of the dribble every play. He can't play on the perimeter at all at this point in time - we've seen two different coach staffs arrive at that conclusion, and both needed help on the wing. 

• Like 1