Depth Chart 2022

Going to keep this as a running thread throughout the season for depth chart and personnel talks... 

Some quick notes:

-We are usually very vanilla in our first depth chart (most are). 

-Luke Haggard has gained nice weight.. he played last year at like 275lbs and didn't do too bad. 

-Chris Keys replacing Tracy at #2 CB is interesting. We have soooo much experience in the def backfield. 

-DL wise.. incredible amount of depth. I loved seeing Person move inside. Maybe not the biggest guy there, but he can absolutely be disruptive with his quickness inside. I think Anderson will move inside on obvious passing downs and Handy+Bonhomme will be the edges. Bryant and Ziemba are great for our zone blitzes. Sink or swim for James Head this year.. he has to produce. 

-Will we ever see Beau Robbins and Cameron Williams? Shew 

-We have never seen talent/experience/depth like we have right now 

Screen+Shot+2021-07-23+at+11.21.04+AM.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

This is very small in the grand scheme of this depth chart, but I'm excited to see my guy Da'Shaun Brown listed. He was hurt on a special teams play early last year and never really got to play. One of these days I'm hoping we get him the ball. Dude can make people miss.

I feel very confident in those 6 listed WRs. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think Haggard will back up each tackle. I also LOVED seeing Randy Holtz move ahead of Norwah. Keep improving, Randy!

Hopefully he gained weight from Caleb Jones. I read somewhere that last summer really hurt Jones and he put on a lot of weight. I thought it showed, especially early (PSU).

Having the extra weight will he a big help for Haggard.  There's also a hell of a list of people on the OL that don't even make this depth chart.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Hopefully he gained weight from Caleb Jones. I read somewhere that last summer really hurt Jones and he put on a lot of weight. I thought it showed, especially early (PSU).

Having the extra weight will he a big help for Haggard.  There's also a hell of a list of people on the OL that don't even make this depth chart.

Jones was like 385-390 I think. 

Now 360. Could lose another 15. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

@Leathernecks one thing about Powell.. didn't he basically sit out the year prior to this one? I think so. 

Little rusty last year. If he can be marginally better... that can go a long way. 

For the most part, the pass blocking was solid. Can absolutely improve though. 

I had forgotten about that. I had to go back through the thread when he committed and double check, but he did miss the previous year. Definitely could have been rusty.

18 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

It's good to see Jaylin Williams on there.  Not sure what, if anything, happened from that potential incident a few weeks ago, but seeing him on here might be a good sign.

With as well as we handle those things... I think 100% we're in a good spot there. I also have 0% of information there.

17 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Should we expect the Running Backs to start the season in that order?  It's a little different than what I was expecting.

Me too.

17 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

1. Carr or James

2. James(for now) 

3. Baldwin 

With Carr getting some pre season accolades, I'd expect him to move up. Maybe just giving James and Baldwin some recognition here?

The big thing I will be looking for this year is how our running backs do. If they do well, it means are O line has improved and we should be in for a good season.

• Like 1