2022 K Aj Vinatieri

Indykev

5 hours ago, PAHoosier said:

That’s what I thought. I wonder Why he is only receiving PWO offers? Although the offers are from pretty big universities....very excited to have him 

Not sure. Might be like... PWO for now, very good chance you get a scholly. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

The kick Campbell made 2 years ago against PU showed why you need to recruit great kickers. That dude is money, and will be the best kicker in IU history when he's done (sorry old timers who think Stoyanovich was better).

I wonder if Vinatieri is looking to be a kicker or punter in college.

Uhhh yes.  

If you really think about it... our kicking and SPT have been gradually improving every year. Our kick and punt coverage is so much better. 

Kicking in general has been very solid all the way back to Austin Starr, Ewald, Oakes... Justus, Campbell. Solid college football players. 

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

Uhhh yes.  

If you really think about it... our kicking and SPT have been gradually improving every year. Our kick and punt coverage is so much better. 

Kicking in general has been very solid all the way back to Austin Starr, Ewald, Oakes... Justus, Campbell. Solid college football players. 

I would still like to see some more dynamic kickoff returns, but everything else is so much better the last couple years.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Just looked... Campbell is 12/13 for his career. 

And he's 3/3 from 50+ yards. Not only that, I bet 10 of those makes were dead center. He's unbelievably good.

I don't get why more NFL teams don't draft kickers.  A stud kicker in the 6th round is way better than taking a gamble on some random position (just ask the Bears how important a kicker is!).

I would guess if Vinatieri proves himself more, that PWO might turn into a full offer. Love our emphasis on special teams.

• Like 1

• Indykev changed the title to 2022 K Aj Vinatieri
18 hours ago, btownqb said:

Oh real fast... but I'm not nearly crazy enough for that lol 

I was absolutely tagged on one. No interest in it afterwards. 

And that's why I loved covering kickoffs.  I had a knack (or lack of sanity) for playing the human bowling ball/wedge buster.  Just dive broadside into the wedge and see how many guys I could take out.  Didn't wind up with many tackles that way, but did end up with more than a few from the returner tripping over me.  🤣

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

And that's why I loved covering kickoffs.  I had a knack (or lack of sanity) for playing the human bowling ball/wedge buster.  Just dive broadside into the wedge and see how many guys I could take out.  Didn't wind up with many tackles that way, but did end up with more than a few from the returner tripping over me.  🤣

That's fantastic. You have to have multiple screws loose to do that. Hats off to you. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2021 at 3:21 PM, Zlinedavid said:

LOL. I remember the only time I played defense (in HS). I was a TE and never asked to play on that side of the ball. Well a couple guys got hurt in a game and coach sent me in to cover the KO. I was like I don't know what I'm doing!! He said lineup and run with everyone else and just find the guys leading the block and run into them lol. I was like...ok sure....and as I'm doing that I'm thinking....this is stupid this is stupid....I see the wedge and as I'm about to just run into it and get in the way hoping someone else will get the chance to make a tackle...I chicken out!!! I'm like oh crap...so I slow up and juke at the last second lol...and lo and behold what happens....I juked right into the path of the returner coming full speed at me lol!! My one and only tackle of my HS career. I definitely wasn't ready the speed he was running at me because he bowled right over me and I almost lost my helmet....but I must have been big and gangly enough to trip him up as I grabbed a leg as he sent me backwards. I would NEVER do that again!! I remember the first time I was front row for a college game and the opening kickoff this returner just got LIT UP on the sidelines....the pop was so loud and so vicious that I was scarred for life I think lol! It was a whole different level then the speed and size of guys in HS lol.

• 4 months later...