Last year for the Crossroads Classic

Fine by me. Open that weekend up to either National game or since the Big 10 is hell bent on having 20 conference games give us a couple freebies ala the Indiana Classic. We had nothing to gain from Crossroads and everything to lose.

Edited by Seeking6

19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Fine by me. Open that weekend up to either National game or since the Big 10 is hell bent on having 20 conference games give us a couple freebies ala the Indiana Classic. We had nothing to gain from Crossroads and everything to lose.

I feel like there weren’t any huge positives for Purdue in that tournament either tbh. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Honestly, I hope that is why it's ending, and I love everyone blaming IU and/or being mad at IU over it. 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

B10/ACC Challenge possibility I suppose but have to believe the IU brand will pull bigger name opponents for that.

I should have worded my sentiments better.  I want to play ND every year and play another ACC school in the challenge.

• Like 1

In my opinion...if it isn't raising IU's brand or speaking to a national audience then it really isn't benefiting us. For this to be our centerpiece yearly event on our schedule is just not up to standard. If it meant getting rid of it to fit a higher profile opponent/event on our schedule I am 100% for it! If we just add another mid major to our non-conference then well that is a different story!

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, rico said:

The best thing about that article is this. The Hoosiers were pretty much carrying the Crossroads Classic. This just shows that once Coach Woodson gets IU back to winning they will be right back to the top with their Blue Blood status. 

The simple truth is this: IU is a national brand, and the national brand was being used to help prop up a local event. I’ve been told some form of this a number of times: “Without IU, the Crossroads Classic doesn’t make enough money to make it worthwhile to give up a home game.” Anyone who attended a Crossroads Classic knows IU fans regularly filled more than half of Bankers Life Fieldhouse, sometimes well beyond half.

• Like 2