Bahama trip

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Saw on another site who said that IU might be going to cancel the trip to the Bahamas.  I guess it is because of Covid but don't know if it is because it will be hard for the other team to travel

It probably wouldn't be the worst idea in the world to cancel the trip due to the Delta variant... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Bahamas is tightening it's travel restrictions, even for vaccinated travelers, effective 8/6:

VACCINATED TRAVELLERS

• Effective August 6, 2021, those travelling to The Bahamas from other countries who have been fully vaccinated will be required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test (either a Rapid Antigen Test or PCR), taken no more than five (5) days prior to the date of arrival to The Bahamas. The name and address of the lab where the test was performed must be clearly displayed on the test result.
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Bahamas is tightening it's travel restrictions, even for vaccinated travelers, effective 8/6:

VACCINATED TRAVELLERS

• Effective August 6, 2021, those travelling to The Bahamas from other countries who have been fully vaccinated will be required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test (either a Rapid Antigen Test or PCR), taken no more than five (5) days prior to the date of arrival to The Bahamas. The name and address of the lab where the test was performed must be clearly displayed on the test result.

Geez, I wonder what they expect from someone who's not vaccinated. Maybe a copy of their birth certificate, social security number and bank routing number too? 

Edited by TheWatShot

40 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

VACCINATED TRAVELLERS

Well that won't be a problem as I'm sure the team is tested every few days per their covid protocols. In my opinion you try to take the trip if possible and leave anyone behind that doesn't want to sign off on a waiver for the University. Sure the rules and cerfews would make the fun for the guys limited but at least they could hit the beach and hotel pools etc where they would be staying. Sucks for everyone.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Well that won't be a problem as I'm sure the team is tested every few days per their covid protocols. In my opinion you try to take the trip if possible and leave anyone behind that doesn't want to sign off on a waiver for the University. Sure the rules and cerfews would make the fun for the guys limited but at least they could hit the beach and hotel pools etc where they would be staying. Sucks for everyone.

Correct, but it does show how quickly things are changing again. Just a couple weeks ago, it was if you're vaccinated you can go anywhere and do anything.

I'm interested in seeing how this trip pans out whether they play or not. I recall a trip when Crean was coach and at least one player wasn't able to participate last minute because the program didn't get the necessary paperwork done on time. It was a bad sign and made them look ridiculous. I'd like to think the program is on top of things now and whether they play or not it does not turn into a joke.

Not a surprise that the Bahamas are requesting proof of a negative test. Hospitalizations are rapidly rising in states like Florida and Louisiana and it would border on being careless for the Bahamians to allow people to enter their country without testing. They need to be careful as I doubt (but to be clear, I am not sure)  the Bahamas have the infrastructure we have to handle a big uptick in hospitalizations. 
I agree with dgambill and think they should go. Just get tested and feel good about the fact that your opponents had to also prove that they are negative.

Edited by IU878176
  • Like 2

The rest of the world has and continues to tread Covid-19 as Pandemic.  We in the US declared it safe and have moved on with our lives.  Whether that was a good or bad idea is up to each person and they own individual beliefs, political or otherwise.  And we should not be surprised or otherwise outraged by another countries decision that doesn't meet with those of the United States and its occupants.  We might police the world and heed the call to defend those we deem allies, but it doesn't mean we get to dictate their rules when they differ from out own.

Plus, Covid-19 is a US government hoax that has tricked the whole world into believing we're all going to die from it so they can harvest our organs when they plug us into the matrix.  Greatest global conspiracy since the Moon Landing.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, IU878176 said:

Not a surprise that the Bahamas are requesting proof of a negative test. Hospitalizations are rapidly rising in states like Florida and Louisiana and it would border on being careless for the Bahamians to allow people to enter their country without testing. They need to be careful as I doubt (but to be clear, I am not sure)  the Bahamas have the infrastructure we have to handle a big uptick in hospitalizations. 
I agree with dgambill and think they should go. Just get tested and feel good about the fact that your opponents had to also prove that they are negative.

Sounds like our border.  🤧🤧🤧

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Was just going to post about this. Takeaway: Woody wants a 10 man rotation, but don’t all coaches? Also, every time  I listen to one his interviews I admire that he is a straight shooter. When Katz asked him if they’re a tournament team, he basically said he doesn’t know. Haha. And while out of context that may seem alarming, in context (and the way he delivered that answer) doesn’t worry me at all. I’ve bought into the coach speak of ‘process before outcome’ and this guy is all about the process. 

• Like 4