Bahama trip

38 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Not that it matters much in this setting, but what are everyone’s thoughts on who starts on Friday?  

I’ll go with:

TJD

Race

Rob

Parker. 

Im not saying that is who it will be in November, but that’s my prediction for Friday. 

I think you probably hit it pretty close.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

You might have a point with Kopp. For whatever reason, I have visions of him being the top 6th man in the B1G. 

I'd sure take that...

The kid I want to see is Tamar Bates...the twinkle in Coach Woody's eyes when he talked about Tamar's confidence made me curious...I think he could be special for us...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Saw a peeg's article saying Logan Duncomb's going to be sitting out some games

13 minutes ago, BDB said:

There is a post on the rivals board saying that Michael Durr is also out.  I am not sure if accurate or not.

So we are basically back to 1 center like last year....sounds good!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

It never seems to end with IU basketball. There's always something that sets them back.

Under Crean you'd get to game day and the reports would come out of someone spotted in a walking boot. They planned an overseas trip and oops, someone didn't get the paper work required to allow them to travel. 

Maybe it's nothing - just precautionary. But you do get tired of the feeling like the program is snake bit and you're always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Get used to it.  As long as Marshall is on staff this will continue to be a common theme.   Been saying it for years.

Luckily Coach Woodson will make a change if he sees fit. Definitely something to keep an eye on - especially with Dane and Matta’s experience. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

It never seems to end with IU basketball. There's always something that sets them back.

Under Crean you'd get to game day and the reports would come out of someone spotted in a walking boot. They planned an overseas trip and oops, someone didn't get the paper work required to allow them to travel. 

Maybe it's nothing - just precautionary. But you do get tired of the feeling like the program is snake bit and you're always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

You mean you're always waiting for the other BOOT to drop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/6/2021 at 12:41 PM, bluegrassIU said:

That caught my attention as well.

Also, he discussed how last year they were a bad offensive team and regularly did not get the ball where it needed to go.

Not surprising, but pretty candid assessment of previous coaching. 

Me too. Several comments had no conclusion other than Miller was a bad coach.

1 hour ago, H00sier said:

Does anyone know if we will be able to catch any of the games on the tube? I remember UK doing same trip a year or two ago, and theirs were televised.

No it is not being streamed. I think @The Daily Hoosier might be putting an in game blog up to update people during the game maybe? If so I think it would be great if we could link it here or in a game day thread!

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2