Bahama trip

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not sure anyone suggested that you owe anything to CAM or the program. Not sure anyone asked him to thank us for supporting the team during his tenure.

is it that hard to be the better person and not take the easy out by piling on him? 

The whole, “he got paid handsomely “ argument speaks of a snarky fan base who just won’t let the guy be. He gave 4 years of his life. Results were not what was expected. He knows that. 

Have you always succeeded in every job you have had? 

I've been fired twice, and each time ended up better off. 

The first time worked out well for about 6 years. Long story the second firing come from an unqualified manager, @btownqbcould help give some info on how much Rose Acres sucks with nepotism.

I'm so much better off now. 

The only jobs I've truly succeeded at are the ones I done for myself.  

• Like 3

It'll take a really solid effort today to pull off the sweep...BC Mega will be motivated after the arse kicking we gave them Friday, and we have to guard against complacency...

But I think Coach Woody has an excellent handle on the psychological side of the game...he's handled pro players well in that aspect...

And the one word I've heard from every player interviewed so far when talking about what CMW inspires in the team is "confidence." 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

EJ may have only been at IU the one year, but he's a great ambassador for the program...

And despite his $160M in earnings....in the summer you can still find him shooting jumpers at JCC in Indy. If there was one player I wish could have come along at a different time it was him. Such a great guy and like you said...ambassador for the program. 

• Like 4

On 8/12/2021 at 10:02 PM, Jssanto said:

Me too. Several comments had no conclusion other than Miller was a bad coach.

I really phrased this poorly.

What I was trying to say, was that several comments he made (and I do not think he meant this intentionally) about the team needing to be better - defense, conditioning, communication- mad me think that Miller was a really bad coach. Even worse then his personality and record would suggest.

10 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I've been fired twice, and each time ended up better off. 

The first time worked out well for about 6 years. Long story the second firing come from an unqualified manager, @btownqbcould help give some info on how much Rose Acres sucks with nepotism.

I'm so much better off now. 

The only jobs I've truly succeeded at are the ones I done for myself. 

Hence, why I started my own business over 20 years ago. I got tired of putting my future in someone else's hands......

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And despite his $160M in earnings....in the summer you can still find him shooting jumpers at JCC in Indy. If there was one player I wish could have come along at a different time it was him. Such a great guy and like you said...ambassador for the program. 

I wonder how much $$$ he would've made during that 1 year had the NIL been around.  Easily the most hyped recruit since Bailey.   People were obsessed with him.

22 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I wonder how much $$$ he would've made during that 1 year had the NIL been around.  Easily the most hyped recruit since Bailey.   People were obsessed with him.

Certainly would have been on the Mount Rushmore of most earnings....but everyone including Bailey would be a distant 2nd to Alford. 

Hopefully the guys complete the sweep today. Quick 3 from Race and transition 3 from Kopp. Up early. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Certainly would have been on the Mount Rushmore of most earnings....but everyone including Bailey would be a distant 2nd to Alford. 

Hopefully the guys complete the sweep today. Quick 3 from Race and transition 3 from Kopp. Up early. 

Cheaney would've earned a ton in his 4 years.

• Like 1

Frustrating to try and piece together what's going on through stats and play by play transcript, but...

There have been a couple of time in these two games we've had a double digit lead and Mega BC has cut it to 4 it 5...and so far we've responded by going on a run of our own to get it back to double digits...

That didn't happen with this group before...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

So when there is a commercial Time Out in the Bahamas and there is no video coverage, who sees the commercial and what is it advertising?? Life is sooo confusing!

Now I am wondering.....

What company got snookered into buying the advertising. And how much did they pay?

Damn you @Drroogh , now I am really gong down the rabbit hole in my mind!

• Like 1