Bahama trip

41 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Mike Woodson after the game on Kopp's ankle....Sh-- he'll be alright. Love this guy. I think every single one of us over the last 2 decades haven't mentioned Woodson as a legit candidate. I'll be the first one to say how wrong I've been....at least up to this point.

100%.  Take the Brad aspect out.   I admit I was fixated on guys like Chris Beard because I had tunnel vision toward college coaches who impressed me.  Woody was too far out of the box to that way of thinking but in hindsight I needed to hear his “voice,” what he believes in, and how he carries himself.  It’s Dolson’s job to go to that next level and talk to guys like Woody.  To Dolson’s credit, he was impressed.  

I think Woody knows what he wants on the floor, he’s highly experienced in X’s and O’s (frankly at the big boy level compared to what he will see here), but he also knows how to push buttons and get through to his guys.  Just today, we hear the quotes about him telling Jordan to relax, or his assessments of players.  I’m loving it.  This is IU basketball after a hiatus.  

• Like 4

15 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

Statements like this is why his pay gets brought up. He didn't "give" IU anything. He sold that time to IU, just add everyone who has a job sells their time and effort to their employer. As far as opportunity cost, he also didn't "give" IU anything since he got a large raise to come to them and wouldn't have gotten more money elsewhere 

Your sentence makes it sound like he was coaching it of the kindness of his heart. He wasn't. It was purely a business transaction and you could tell that my how little emotion he showed about the job and the school.

I get your point, but it’s also okay to be appreciative / understanding of somebody if they worked their tale off and did their best, desired results or not, regardless of pay.  Everybody wants to give Crean props for signing up for a bad situation when he didn’t have to, but he got paid big bucks too. Assuming they gave their best, we can say thank you and move on. They aren’t above criticism now that they are gone, but they ARE gone. Let’s move on. We appear to be in a good situation. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I get your point, but it’s also okay to be appreciative / understanding of somebody if they worked their tale off and did their best, desired results or not, regardless of pay.  Everybody wants to give Crean props for signing up for a bad situation when he didn’t have to, but he got paid big bucks too. Assuming they gave their best, we can say thank you and move on. They aren’t above criticism now that they are gone, but they ARE gone. Let’s move on. We appear to be in a good situation. 

And that’s my whole point. What good does it do to continue to pile on a guy who has been gone for 5 months? It only makes us, as a collective fan base, look petty and vindictive. Yes , he didn’t live up to expectations. Yes, he was paid handsomely for his time at IU. I get it, he has not come out and made a public statement thanking Hoosier Nation for their support during his tenure. To those that want to continue to criticize, have you ever thanked an employer who fired you?

Bottom line for me is, why can’t we be the bigger or better person?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, dgambill said:

Has he thanked IU or the fans for the opportunity and apologized for not living up to the coaching standard set for this program? Maybe he did and I missed it but I don’t feel like I owe Archie anything. I made tons of excuses for him while he was here…I’m not going to live the rest of my life continuing to do it. Anyways I don’t think it is classless to state the obvious and be grateful we don’t have him coaching us anymore.

Have you thanked any employer that let you go?

Your comments are all about you. Your disappointment. What you do or don’t think.

Just wondering what you personally lost from CAM’s tenure at IU, and what you stand to gain by piling on?

All I’m really suggesting is that we be better than this. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Your comments are all about you. Your disappointment. What you do or don’t think.

Just wondering what you personally lost from CAM’s tenure at IU, and what you stand to gain by piling on?

Guys can we let it it go? Thanks Arch for coaching IU! Thanks for nothing for coaching IU!! BOTH SIDES COVERED!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Of course I apologized whenever I’ve not lived up to my end of my employment. Whether a project or leaving a job. I give 100% and have high expectations so if I don’t achieve my goals I’m very hard on myself. This isn’t about me. Its about IU basketball. I’m not going to pretend and I’m not going to sugarcoat it when assessing his performance. I was one of his biggest supporters for 4 years but I see no reason I have to support him anymore. I don’t know how being critical of a bad coach makes me a bad fan or I should be above it. I don’t send him personal letters or talk about his family or anything over the line.

I really don’t like to be told how I should feel as a fan. I don’t like to be guilt tripped over my disappointment in Archie. I’m sure many feel the same. We gave Archie more support then he even earned on the floor. If I stepped over the line with my criticism or in what I’ve said about him then I’d be happy to hear it. I don’t know what you want from fans…last 4 years were as bad as any four years in our history…at least Crean built something from his start. I’ll leave you be…and I don’t go around looking to take shots at Archie…but if something comes up about the difference in our play and players this year…I sure won’t hold back.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

No.  But, I did thank my 4th wife for agreeing to the divorce.  5 months after it was finalized, she was in prison.  So glad that was all taken care of beforehand.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Of course I apologized whenever I’ve not lived up to my end of my employment. Whether a project or leaving a job. I give 100% and have high expectations so if I don’t achieve my goals I’m very hard on myself. This isn’t about me. Its about IU basketball. I’m not going to pretend and I’m not going to sugarcoat it when assessing his performance. I was one of his biggest supporters for 4 years but I see no reason I have to support him anymore. I don’t know how being critical of a bad coach makes me a bad fan or I should be above it. I don’t send him personal letters or talk about his family or anything over the line.

I really don’t like to be told how I should feel as a fan. I don’t like to be guilt tripped over my disappointment in Archie. I’m sure many feel the same. We gave Archie more support then he even earned on the floor. If I stepped over the line with my criticism or in what I’ve said about him then I’d be happy to hear it. I don’t know what you want from fans…last 4 years were as bad as any four years in our history…at least Crean built something from his start. I’ll leave you be…and I don’t go around looking to take shots at Archie…but if something comes up about the difference in our play and players this year…I sure won’t hold back.

Crean still gets jokes and remarks about him on here so Archie definitely still deserves it. 👍

Like you said he gave IU the crappiest 4 years in their history and will go down as worst coach they have ever had.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Crean still gets jokes and remarks about him on here so Archie definitely still deserves it. 👍

Like you said he gave IU the crappiest 4 years in their history and will go down as worst coach they have ever had.

Archie could not beat Purdue.  Crean could beat Purdue, as this image shows.  Why would we make fun of him?  

tom_crean_gif.gif

• Haha 7

On 8/14/2021 at 10:09 PM, Steubenhoosier said:

He gave 4 years of his life.

Everything you said made sense to me even though I didn't fully agree with you, but this sentence was just flat out wrong. He took this job for his own benefit and success. He didn't take this job because he loved IU. He was indifferent. If you said this for Tom Crean, though he wasn't my favorite IU coach, I would've agreed. Sure Crean took this job for his own success too, but at least he tried to embrace 'Indiana'. Archie didn't. 

• Like 2