Jump to content

Bahama trip


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

You older guys eat that s*** up don't you lol 

Defense wins games.  Right, but if you can't score... you can't get on the court. 

Reminds of what former PSU basketball player said when he got busted for marijuana paraphernalia.

"Oh that's so old man."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Hmmm. Trying to decide if I should click.  Link could be......

  • IU Basketball
  • Rick Astley
  • Porn

Well, it has a 2/3 chance of being something good.  Why not.

 

 

 

A lot of IU basketball.  
 

Six minute mark of part 2 is not quite porn, but nice.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

I said earlier this year that Kopp reminds me a lot of one my favorite IU “lefties” and 3pt assassin, Brian Evans…

51AA94B3-EE41-4B79-B101-DFCB2E5AE158.jpeg

Watching last night, BE was the first one I thought of when I saw Kopp play.  And that is a GOOD thing. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Those were fantastic years but without championship it is not the golden era. 

I'd say the years between 1973 and 1996 (when RMK won the last of his Big 10 championships and Brian Evans was a senior) would be considered The Golden Era of IU basketball...

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'd say the years between 1973 and 1996 (when RMK won the last of his Big 10 championships and Brian Evans was a senior) would be considered The Golden Era of IU basketball...

Sure is and don't get me wrong I loved those 90-93 teams.  I was in the same high school class 1989 as Cheaney company.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Any chance this board can show some class and not pile on CAM? 

The guy was here 4 years and brought in some great talent. Didn't work out. 

CMW may be the answer, but he is working with a lot of the talent brought in by the previous staff. 

Let Archie be. 

I very much doubt he reads this board so he's not going to get his feelings hurt. He was also paid quite well during those 4 years so it's not like he he was doing it purely for his love of IU. He's not above criticism and I see no reason fans shouldn't be able to talk about what a bad coach he was for IU. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Any chance this board can show some class and not pile on CAM? 

The guy was here 4 years and brought in some great talent. Didn't work out. 

CMW may be the answer, but he is working with a lot of the talent brought in by the previous staff. 

Let Archie be. 

No….honestly it’s impossible because this team is going to be forever linked to him because of so many players played under him. Simply put we are going to compare last year and this. That’s like saying Pacer fans shouldn’t compare Bjorkgren and Carlisle. Archie was supported for so long and let’s be real…he had so much time to get these guys to where they should be. He didn’t just did not work out…he failed miserably. Worst coach in IU basketball history….so if we appreciate the new breath of life given to this program by Woody…I’m all for it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I very much doubt he reads this board so he's not going to get his feelings hurt. He was also paid quite well during those 4 years so it's not like he he was doing it purely for his love of IU. He's not above criticism and I see no reason fans shouldn't be able to talk about what a bad coach he was for IU. 

Agreed…he didn’t just not work out…he set the program back. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No….honestly it’s impossible because this team is going to be forever linked to him because of so many players played under him. Simply put we are going to compare last year and this. That’s like saying Pacer fans shouldn’t compare Bjorkgren and Carlisle. Archie was supported for so long and let’s be real…he had so much time to get these guys to where they should be. He didn’t just did not work out…he failed miserably. Worst coach in IU basketball history….so if we appreciate the new breath of life given to this program by Woody…I’m all for it.

It is not about criticizing his coaching that I have a problem with but when fans make it personal is what I think is going overboard.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No….honestly it’s impossible because this team is going to be forever linked to him because of so many players played under him. Simply put we are going to compare last year and this. That’s like saying Pacer fans shouldn’t compare Bjorkgren and Carlisle. Archie was supported for so long and let’s be real…he had so much time to get these guys to where they should be. He didn’t just did not work out…he failed miserably. Worst coach in IU basketball history….so if we appreciate the new breath of life given to this program by Woody…I’m all for it.

Have no idea who any of the Pacers players are.

Nothing is impossible. You put things in absolutes, and that is simply not the case. Archie did not live up to expectations, but don't forget that he had multiple injuries to deal with.

I am not here to say that CAM should have been kept on. I just think that the piling on is enough, and this fanbase could show a little more class than it is. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Have no idea who any of the Pacers players are.

Nothing is impossible. You put things in absolutes, and that is simply not the case. Archie did not live up to expectations, but don't forget that he had multiple injuries to deal with.

I am not here to say that CAM should have been kept on. I just think that the piling on is enough, and this fanbase could show a little more class than it is. 

Has he thanked IU or the fans for the opportunity and apologized for not living up to the coaching standard set for this program? Maybe he did and I missed it but I don’t feel like I owe Archie anything. I made tons of excuses for him while he was here…I’m not going to live the rest of my life continuing to do it. Anyways I don’t think it is classless to state the obvious and be grateful we don’t have him coaching us anymore.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Any chance this board can show some class and not pile on CAM? 

The guy was here 4 years and brought in some great talent. Didn't work out. 

CMW may be the answer, but he is working with a lot of the talent brought in by the previous staff. 

Let Archie be. 

Class.  You talkin' class?

You think we have class?

I think it was just a little good natured recognition of our recent woes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I'd say the years between 1973 and 1996 (when RMK won the last of his Big 10 championships and Brian Evans was a senior) would be considered The Golden Era of IU basketball...

What I loved about Brian was how tough he was. He dealt with so many shoulder issues, but he played through it. …..loved that kids game.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Has he thanked IU or the fans for the opportunity and apologized for not living up to the coaching standard set for this program? Maybe he did and I missed it but I don’t feel like I owe Archie anything. I made tons of excuses for him while he was here…I’m not going to live the rest of my life continuing to do it. Anyways I don’t think it is classless to state the obvious and be grateful we don’t have him coaching us anymore.

Not sure anyone suggested that you owe anything to CAM or the program. Not sure anyone asked him to thank us for supporting the team during his tenure.

is it that hard to be the better person and not take the easy out by piling on him? 
 

The whole, “he got paid handsomely “ argument speaks of a snarky fan base who just won’t let the guy be. He gave 4 years of his life. Results were not what was expected. He knows that. 
 

Have you always succeeded in every job you have had? 

Edited by Steubenhoosier
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

He gave 4 years of his life. 

Statements like this is why his pay gets brought up. He didn't "give" IU anything. He sold that time to IU, just add everyone who has a job sells their time and effort to their employer. As far as opportunity cost, he also didn't "give" IU anything since he got a large raise to come to them and wouldn't have gotten more money elsewhere 

Your sentence makes it sound like he was coaching it of the kindness of his heart. He wasn't. It was purely a business transaction and you could tell that my how little emotion he showed about the job and the school.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...