Opposing Fan View of 2021 IUFB

I like to look around at other blogs and websites to see what opposing writers/fans think of IU.  I thought we could start a thread and if anyone runs across something they could post it here.  

Below are the few I have found so far.

https://www.maizenbrew.com/2021/8/7/22612688/big-ten-football-2021-preview-and-projections-4-indiana-hoosiers

Off Tackle Empire has several articles.  I will link one and interested parties and navigate the rest from there.

https://www.offtackleempire.com/2021/8/6/22613333/can-indiana-hoosiers-football-actually-improve-last-years-fever-dream-season-schedule-predictions

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/minnesota/LongFormArticle/Minnesota-Gopher-Football-Indiana-Hoosiers-2021-Preview-167247700/Amp/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Agreed, we've strung together a couple of nice seasons but it will take a few more before sports writers and fans take IU seriously.  I don't think the opposition programs share their opinion (unfortunately no more sneaking up on anyone).  I can understand the fans bias/ignorance, and even the motivation of local market writers, but I don't appreciate the agenda/shallow research of national sports writers. 

I don't mind the program flying under the radar until the point comes that it impacts CFP and bowl placements.  It doesn't seem to be hurting IU recruiting at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy06 said:

That guy is going to be sorely disappointed this football season.

Also, I'm getting really sick of hearing, "but IU didn't beat any teams with winning records," and "Penn State and Michigan were trash last year anyway."

1. A lot of those teams didn't have winning records because playing only a few conference games for the whole season means most teams will finish with losing records while only a few having winning records, and

2. I firmly believe that had IU not beat Penn State and trounced Michigan, they both would have had much better seasons.  Losing to IU broke the will of both of those teams, especially Penn State.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

That guy is going to be sorely disappointed this football season.

Also, I'm getting really sick of hearing, "but IU didn't beat any teams with winning records," and "Penn State and Michigan were trash last year anyway."

1. A lot of those teams didn't have winning records because playing only a few conference games for the whole season means most teams will finish with losing records while only a few having winning records, and

2. I firmly believe that had IU not beat Penn State and trounced Michigan, they both would have had much better seasons.  Losing to IU broke the will of both of those teams, especially Penn State.

I agree completely. The line about beating a team with a winning record it idiotic.  It was conference only schedule last year, therefore the entire conference was going to finish exactly. 500.

With IU and OSU combining for 1 loss, the rest of the conference, and especially the East would be a corresponding number of games below. 500.

If you add the normal easy non conference wins most teams have,  PSU, UM, Maryland,  Wisconsin all would have likely had winning records. 

Part of being a good team is winning games you should win.  I don't think PU will be terrible this year,  but there is no way  they win 7 or 8. Rivaly games are always crazy, but when the bucket game comes along I think IU is likely at least a 7pt favorite. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

I agree completely. The line about beating a team with a winning record it idiotic.  It was conference only schedule last year, therefore the entire conference was going to finish exactly. 500.

With IU and OSU combining for 1 loss, the rest of the conference, and especially the East would be a corresponding number of games below. 500.

If you add the normal easy non conference wins most teams have,  PSU, UM, Maryland,  Wisconsin all would have likely had winning records. 

Part of being a good team is winning games you should win.  I don't think PU will be terrible this year,  but there is no way  they win 7 or 8. Rivaly games are always crazy, but when the bucket game comes along I think IU is likely at least a 7pt favorite. 

Speaking of Purdue, Palm doesn't have them listed in his Bowl Projections:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/bowls/predictions/

As far as what Purdue, or any other B1G fans think of us doesn't matter.  We will just have to prove it on the field anyways.

• Like 4