Running back Sampson James enters transfer portal

IU247

I was joking with a buddy last night about this. Didn't think it would happen though. Some connection there apparently. Kid is dead to me as well.....and I hope whatever he has left in the tank by the end of the season gets pounded into the ground by our guys. It is a compliment though to Allen. Brohm taking our last option at running back. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I'd rather wait and see what our resident Purdue fan has to say first 

I’m honestly pretty damn surprised by this. 2 IU guys transferred to Purdue in the offseason and I doubt that’s ever happened before. 

With James, I’m not expecting much from him tbh. As things stand right now, I’d guess he’d be 3rd string behind Horvath and Doerue. But we’ve heard dealt good things about Dylan Downing so far so who knows. 

I’m expecting Damarjhe Lewis to do big things for us but have minimal expectations for James to be honest. 

29 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’m honestly pretty damn surprised by this. 2 IU guys transferred to Purdue in the offseason and I doubt that’s ever happened before. 

With James, I’m not expecting much from him tbh. As things stand right now, I’d guess he’d be 3rd string behind Horvath and Doerue. But we’ve heard dealt good things about Dylan Downing so far so who knows. 

I’m expecting Damarjhe Lewis to do big things for us but have minimal expectations for James to be honest. 

That’s interesting. Do most PU fans feel that way?

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

About which part? The 3rd string or not expecting much?

Either, really. There seems to be some excitement on Twitter. 

Most of his production came in the Purdue game so it makes sense if that’s all they’ve seen of him. Over 2 years about 100 of 400 yards and 1 of 3 touchdowns were in that game. 

14 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Was just told by friend who I played with freshman year, and he was in the program for all four years… James took his playbook with him to Purdue.. was just told they’re having to change up the offense now. 

Really???? I'm going to reserve comment on this but wow if true. I appreciate you bringing this to the board. No doubt that will get out at some point....

• Like 2