Starting Lineups

it's not the lineup i want to see, but i would bet X, Rob, Stew, Race, TJD with the only question being Kopp for Stew or Race?  i just don't have much faith in Rob other than being a good teammate and experienced.  it would make a ton of sense that Rob, TJD, and Race would all start at least in preseason stuff.  at the same time, it is theoretically a new system and a clean slate for all including returners, so who knows?

A long way to go before the season. Lots of time for people to jockey for playing time. I imagine we will see all sorts of different lineups in the Bahamas to see with groups play well together. I suspect early on it will be upper classman and guys Woody can trust but I look for the young guns to eat into that before long. The gap will close...and guys with smaller upsides like Kopp and Rob will slowly give way to younger guys as they will improve at a much higher rate.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

A long way to go before the season. Lots of time for people to jockey for playing time. I imagine we will see all sorts of different lineups in the Bahamas to see with groups play well together. I suspect early on it will be upper classman and guys Woody can trust but I look for the young guns to eat into that before long. The gap will close...and guys with smaller upsides like Kopp and Rob will slowly give way to younger guys as they will improve at a much higher rate.

I thought it was telling that Coach Woody singled out Rob for praise in his presser. Rob has the physical tools, but it was my thought that nagging injuries and confidence were his issue...Coach Woody said his confidence seemed to be renewed with the new system/coaching staff...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I thought it was telling that Coach Woody singled out Rob for praise in his presser. Rob has the physical tools, but it was my thought that nagging injuries and confidence were his issue...Coach Woody said his confidence seemed to be renewed with the new system/coaching staff...

I think if anyone understands motivation and what mental health can do for players it would be Woody who spent enough years under Knight to witness first hand how to push buttons and whom you take different approaches with. Also I think Rob witnessing Xavier's game and how he opens up everything for everyone else by attacking will inspire him to do the same with his own game.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1