Hoosier Hysteria

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

Love seeing Coach back in the candy strips! That’s one of the many, many differences between him and Archie. You would never see in dressed like that. He always seemed to be at an arm’s length with all his players…..

To be fair I’ve never seen any of our coaches in the Candy Stripes. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

To be fair I’ve never seen any of our coaches in the Candy Stripes. 

I agree. Woody was probably the first coach that would be comfortable in the stripes as he wore them many times as a player.
I’ll defend Archie on that point even though I’ve been following IU hoops since the ‘70’s and think Archie was a total, unquestioned disaster as the IU coach. It’s very telling that current players mention how smooth the transition has been but don’t wish Archie the best, don’t say they learned x/y/z from him or say anything at all about him. Man that was a really bad 4 years. Really excited about this year and the positive mojo currently in the program.

• Like 4

Fun HH.  Miss the midnight madness, still think that is a more memorable experience.  Wish they will tap into Cuban center more.  And, use to like the team skits.

My favorite of all time was when Sampson had a recording artist (ex IU football player) ramp up the crowd with music and he had drills including take charge drills.

Appreciate Woodson bringing back the drills, as that is fun to see.

Wish, they will put on more of a show with the resources they have.  And, hype it up more.  The place should of been sold-out!

31 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Fun HH.  Miss the midnight madness, still think that is a more memorable experience.  Wish they will tap into Cuban center more.  And, use to like the team skits.

My favorite of all time was when Sampson had a recording artist (ex IU football player) ramp up the crowd with music and he had drills including take charge drills.

Appreciate Woodson bringing back the drills, as that is fun to see.

Wish, they will put on more of a show with the resources they have.  And, hype it up more.  The place should of been sold-out!

It was nice to see people come together and enjoy themselves again. I think in a normal world, more people would have been there.

• Like 3

On 9/29/2021 at 6:14 PM, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, I'll pass on that as well.  I just cancelled a completely free conference in Vegas that included Andre Agassi as a keynote speaker and a live performance by Styx when they mandated masks all day every day regardless of vaccine/antibody status (I have both now).  No thanks.

It will be really interesting to see how this is enforced at AH when a thousand people in the stands take their masks off because they are overheated or just not interested in complying.

To answer the question on how it will be enforced: if Hoosier Hysteria is proof of anything, it won’t be. 

• Like 2

On 10/3/2021 at 9:27 AM, IUFLA said:

Yeah, Coach Woody is the only coach we've had since RMK that could have pulled that off without being widely mocked...

I'm surprised Archie didn't....those stripes would have given the optical illusion that his legs were longer than they were. (I know I know...making fun of Archie's height is taboo)