Bahamas rewind: Xavier Johnson

"Indiana fans will have to live with a little Devonte Green when it comes to Johnson’s highs and lows"

😯

My confidence is in Coach Woodson though...he said himself he's on XJ's arse more than anyone else's...and I don't think he'll be afraid to use the bench if his words aren't sinking in...

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

"Indiana fans will have to live with a little Devonte Green when it comes to Johnson’s highs and lows"

😯

My confidence is in Coach Woodson though...he said himself he's on XJ's arse more than anyone else's...and I don't think he'll be afraid to use the bench if his words aren't sinking in...

I’ll be very disappointed if we have to deal with DG’s poor IQ with XJ, especially being that XJ will be the primary ball handler. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Take an in-depth look at what to expect from point guard Xavier Johnson after we had several chances to watch him in action in The Bahamas.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/bahamas-rewind-observations-on-xavier-johnsons-play-during-iu-basketballs-foreign-tour/

THANK'S FOR ALL YOU GIVE TO THIS AND YOUR OWN SITE!!! GO I.U.!!!

• Like 2

On 8/18/2021 at 12:26 PM, IUFLA said:

😯

I probably should have recognized that would be a bit of a loaded remark for some.  I clarified this way in the comments section of the article:

"I am not saying they are the same person or player. You are right that was specific to scoring / efficiency. Xavier is a way more dynamic playmaker and facilitator of his teammates, and he is a better defender. Devonte has a much better looking shot and Xavier likely won't have games where he makes six threes or anything like that."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I probably should have recognized that would be a bit of a loaded remark for some.  I clarified this way in the comments section of the article:

"I am not saying they are the same person or player. You are right that was specific to scoring / efficiency. Xavier is a way more dynamic playmaker and facilitator of his teammates, and he is a better defender. Devonte has a much better looking shot and Xavier likely won't have games where he makes six threes or anything like that."

I knew you were talking about the consistency issue and not overall game or attitude...

And I think Coach Woody is the perfect guy to be coaching that out of XJ...Heck, he may have gotten Devonte more squared away on consistency if he'd been able to coach him...

And I do appreciate the info and insight you provide...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Come on...

You know using Devonte Green as a comparison was click bait!  😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1