Bahamas rewind: Rob Phinisee

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

"If there was really something to concern yourself with when it came to Phinisee’s weekend it was his shooting performance."

Somebody speculated earlier, but did the venue possibly have an effect on shooting numbers?

It certainly may have.  It reminded me of how some AAU venues feel, so the players should have some familiarity with it.  It didn't seem to bother Bates, Geronimo, Thompson and others.  

20 hours ago, IUFLA said:

"If there was really something to concern yourself with when it came to Phinisee’s weekend it was his shooting performance."

Somebody speculated earlier, but did the venue possibly have an effect on shooting numbers?

It would be incredibly generous to say a terrible shooter like Rob shoot poorly because of the venue. 

And I know he has good form, I know he’s hit big shots years ago for us, but the point stands that at this point the guy is an atrocious shooter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It would be incredibly generous to say a terrible shooter like Rob shoot poorly because of the venue. 

And I know he has good form, I know he’s hit big shots years ago for us, but the point stands that at this point the guy is an atrocious shooter. 

The only venues rob has an issue shooting in, are the ones that have basketball hoops in them.  I don't understand how this kid completely lost his ability/confidence or whatever to shoot the basketball.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think it’s fair to say he shoots poorly everywhere (36%) and is even worse in a hotel ballroom (16%). On the bright side, I think it’s our last game in that type of venue :coffee:

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

How long until Lander takes Rob spot as the backup PG? I know Rob plays solid D but shooting is awful. I feel like Lander has a lot higher potential. Rob kind of is what he is at this point being a senior and all

I would think by mid-season, if Lander can significantly improve his D, the coaching staff would have to move Lander into the back-up PG. Unless Rob takes a SR leap like some players do.

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I have been described as "incredibly generous" before 😉

That said, I didn't single out Rob in my statement..."

22 hours ago, IUFLA said:

That was meant for overall shooting numbers. Despite the fact we won both games, our overall FG percentage was 39%.

Edited by IUFLA