Iowa Pre-Game Thread

KDB

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Heard and knew this about her but nice to see President Whitten on the team plane traveling to Iowa City. Stuff like this matters in the big picture world....plus she's just a normal football fan. Glad she's at the helm!

Great news.  It’s a difference maker.  Like having a good owner in the pros. Be good top down. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Heard and knew this about her but nice to see President Whitten on the team plane traveling to Iowa City. Stuff like this matters in the big picture world....plus she's just a normal football fan. Glad she's at the helm!

I remember in an article that she is a huge football fan, expect her to be at games a lot!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

IU has been waiting for a president like her for 2 decades. She will be very visible at sporting events. She loves football especially from what I hear. 

• Like 3

Really trying to haul in my confidence and balance out my respect for Ferentz and his program. More and more I think about it I'm going with this. Iowa is going to try and control the game to keep our weapons off the field....ala what Patriots used to do with Peyton. Shrink the time of the game. If our Run Defense can step up and do their part I think we win by 2 TD's. If not....it's going to be one of those 24-23 type games.

I'm going with IU 38 Iowa 27. Go Hoosiers! 

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Today isn't the ultimate measuring stick for our season btw. 

But.. it would go a long way. 

Our fans are really fickle when it comes to football.  Lose and half the fans will completely tune out and focus on the Woodson era.  It won't matter if we win the next 5-6.  I wish the Iowa game was a month from now.  

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Today isn't the ultimate measuring stick for our season btw. 

But.. it would go a long way. 

Exactly. I know we all want to win...but no need for defcon 1 if we don't. Tons of chances this year for a great season. Good luck gang! I'm headed out shortly for a big IU cookout/tailgate,etc...will have to circle around late tonight with more than likely only one eye working. Go Hoosiers!

13 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Our fans are really fickle when it comes to football.  Lose and half the fans will completely tune out and focus on the Woodson era.  It won't matter if we win the next 5-6.  I wish the Iowa game was a month from now.  

I guess.

I am a football fan well before any other sport, so I can't imagine even thinking about basketball until December. 

If that's all it takes to only half support a team you could even attend games of for an entire year... those fans should probably just throw away their IU gear now. No one really wants them. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Exactly. I know we all want to win...but no need for defcon 1 if we don't. Tons of chances this year for a great season. Good luck gang! I'm headed out shortly for a big IU cookout/tailgate,etc...will have to circle around late tonight with more than likely only one eye working. Go Hoosiers!

If we lose, I'll see you all tomorrow. I'm well on my way, now. 

43 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I guess.

I am a football fan well before any other sport, so I can't imagine even thinking about basketball until December. 

If that's all it takes to only half support a team you could even attend games of for an entire year... those fans should probably just throw away their IU gear now. No one really wants them. 

It's just not like basketball where we sold out games in Creans first year.  We've literally been the worst program in the B1G in football for my entire life.  It takes time to change the culture.  I think Allen will do it eventually. 

• Like 1