UK running from competition again.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Yes. That was the norm. The fact of the matter is there is a new norm. New norm is yes it's still a top dominant conference but it is indeed a conference on the rise. I look at UK, Tenn, Ala, FL, Aub, Ark, LSU are all programs poised to have continued success..and with Texas coming in and Oklahoma...that's going to be a league that could likely see 8-9 teams annually in the tournament. It's no longer just UK that's for sure. The B1G and ACC still are probably the two best but SEC is going to be a part of that conversation with the new coaches and program resurgeance going on there...and taking two top tier b-ball schools from the Big 12 will only help.

Agree he doesn't want to lose at home....but mostly he doesn't want to play true road games...early in the season with young teams....it's almost a certain L. The fans though pay a crap ton for season tickets...they deserve quality basketball contests...but he is afraid of the heat.

Florida hasn’t been lighting it up. Mike white has gotten worse every year.(15-10 and 19-12)Rick Barnes is 67. Arkansas and Alabama have 2 good seasons combined. That’s not sustained success. LSU hasn’t done much either.  One sweet 16? Will wade is always in trouble too. That leaves Auburn and I think they have hit the ceiling. I just don’t see the SEC as on the rise. Sure Texas will help but that’s still a couple of years down the road. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Florida hasn’t been lighting it up. Mike white has gotten worse every year.(15-10 and 19-12)Rick Barnes is 67. Arkansas and Alabama have 2 good seasons combined. That’s not sustained success. LSU hasn’t done much either.  One sweet 16? Will wade is always in trouble too. That leaves Auburn and I think they have hit the ceiling. I just don’t see the SEC as on the rise. Sure Texas will help but that’s still a couple of years down the road. 

How old is Mike Woodson?? Two good seasons are twice as many good seasons as we've had in the past several years...and I never said they have had sustained success. I think they are poised to have it (meaning a stable program with exciting and successful head coaches at the helm). If Auburn has hit their ceiling (a final 4) that is pretty good ceiling. Florida has been pretty dormant under White but they do have 2 national championships in the 21st century....the B1G has 1 combined...and that was over 20 years ago now. Wade in trouble...I'll believe it when I see it. Nothing is going to happen to Kansas and I seriously doubt it will happen to him either. My only point is the SEC in 2020....is radically different then a decade ago. The schools are placing an emphasis in basketball just as much as football when it comes to investing in the coaches and facilities....and we know they play dirty in the South....they are on the rise.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Just for the record.  Two updated early top 25s have 5 Sec and 5 B1G teams in them.  B1G a spot or 2 higher across the board.  We have back end depth they dont have and yes, the SOS may very well favor B1G in the end, but the disparity isn't as broad as it has been historically.  

That’s why I said historically, but it still doesn’t stack up. Would you prefer to play at MSU in an empty or full gym? They don’t play in many hostile road environments like we do, so those games aren’t what they should be. Not many full gyms in the SEC. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dgambill said:

How old is Mike Woodson?? Two good seasons are twice as many good seasons as we've had in the past several years...and I never said they have had sustained success. I think they are poised to have it (meaning a stable program with exciting and successful head coaches at the helm). If Auburn has hit their ceiling (a final 4) that is pretty good ceiling. Florida has been pretty dormant under White but they do have 2 national championships in the 21st century....the B1G has 1 combined...and that was over 20 years ago now. Wade in trouble...I'll believe it when I see it. Nothing is going to happen to Kansas and I seriously doubt it will happen to him either. My only point is the SEC in 2020....is radically different then a decade ago. The schools are placing an emphasis in basketball just as much as football when it comes to investing in the coaches and facilities....and we know they play dirty in the South....they are on the rise.

Well 5 years is a big difference in that age group. I get what you are saying but trouble is still trouble wether anything is done about it or not. Mike White is no Billy Donovan. Auburn isn’t UK and UK isn’t winning another ‘chip as long as Cal is still there. The SEC is still yet to prove its poised. Top to bottom the ACC and B1G is still tougher. Inmho

• Like 1